Pilot boat

the guys leaving ogden point know what they are doing, they know they have HUGE wake and they know there are small boats(often tiny) boats at the harbour mouth. I'm all for staying out of the way and letting a man get his work done, but they have to realize that their wake can sink a boat -- I've taken several over the bow myself.

Being in the right isn't an excuse for being a dick.

So true, three years ago I was overnighting at the Prince Rupert Yacht Club and was tossed out of my berth by a huge wake in the harbour, which is supposed to be a "no wake zone" caused by the huge tugs they use to bring in the cargoe ships. This was around three in the morning. No body was around to report this and from the sounds of the boats smashing around there had to be some damage.
Now this is not only the tugs doing this I have witnessed many other boaters who believe this no-wake zone is not for them. To me it all boils down to respect or lack of.
And this would apply to the pilot boat operators and the people who fish in an area that has both performing their tasks in the same area.

the guys leaving ogden point know what they are doing, they know they have HUGE wake and they know there are small boats(often tiny) boats at the harbour mouth. I'm all for staying out of the way and letting a man get his work done, but they have to realize that their wake can sink a boat -- I've taken several over the bow myself.

Being in the right isn't an excuse for being a dick.

Back