Wanted 23-27' boat 100k max

seabeyond

Hey fellas. I'm after another boat. Looking for a fibreglass hull as that's what fits the budget. MUST BE SETUP FOR OUTBOARDS. Charter layout (basic boat with seating for five preferred). In a perfect world a pilothouse or express setup but outside of the pnw builders those are very few and far between. I'd like to keep the search to those on the west coast from California to Rupert. Repower boats are fine. 2000s boats preferred but would grab a late 90s hull (or any age hourston). This list is not exhaustive but gives a feel for what I'm after.

Grady 270/ 268/ 258/ 265
Pursuit 2870/ 2650/2670
Hourston 23-26
Monaro 24
Wellcraft coastal 252
Whaler Conquest 255/ 265
Seawest
Parker
Seasport
Skagit orca
Osprey

I watched a handful of candidates come and go this summer but I was a little busy on the water to go shopping. If you see anything new pop up that you believe fits the bill please post it. Thanks.

Last edited:
If you search Facebook marketplace, there's a few 23 and 26 Hourstons right now.

This one in particular - a rebuilt 26: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/9798295890244125/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp:3b0acf06-dc47-494b-a4a7-cb3e888dce25

Check out this thread - it has a lot of boats of the type you're looking for:

Last edited:
Thanks Eden Island. I'm pretty well aware of what's out there at the moment on marketplace and keep an eye on the above mentioned thread. I do find it's easy to miss boats on Marketplace sometimes and the good/ well priced hulls can go fairly quick.
That 26 hourston listed at 100k is an interesting boat. I've talked to the seller and just can't value it at his number. He's selling it with a charter business which adds value to him but not on my end. The layout is pretty well what I'm after. The rest of the hourstons available on marketplace at the moment just don't fit right.
Thanks for the reply!

Thanks Eden Island. I'm pretty well aware of what's out there at the moment on marketplace and keep an eye on the above mentioned thread. I do find it's easy to miss boats on Marketplace sometimes and the good/ well priced hulls can go fairly quick.
That 26 hourston listed at 100k is an interesting boat. I've talked to the seller and just can't value it at his number. He's selling it with a charter business which adds value to him but not on my end. The layout is pretty well what I'm after. The rest of the hourstons available on marketplace at the moment just don't fit right.
Thanks for the reply!
Hes just trying to make $$$, he bought that 26 Hourston for around $60k, i think less than a year ago with all the same power etc.

Thanks for the reply!
Definitely priced high by 25-30k. The breakdown he gives on values include things that are over 10 years old. What is 8k worth of electronics from 2014 worth today? 800?

Definitely priced high by 25-30k. The breakdown he gives on values include things that are over 10 years old. What is 8k worth of electronics from 2014 worth today? 800?
Yeah I thought that was funny too. I told the guy I'd be interested around around 65-70 which as per profisher, sounds like what it sold for recently.... Anyways, pretty clear that ain't going to work out.

Yeah I thought that was funny too. I told the guy I'd be interested around around 65-70 which as per profisher, sounds like what it sold for recently.... Anyways, pretty clear that ain't going to work out.
Yeah a member has a similar boat I think he is thinking of listing in that range.

Pretty hard for most people to come up with $112k for a boat and with an old hull probably impossible to get any financing, outside of a line of credit.

You have seen the 255 whaler with Hondas for sale in Comox? 80k after dropping from 115k

Yeah a member has a similar boat I think he is thinking of listing in that range.

Pretty hard for most people to come up with $112k for a boat and with an old hull probably impossible to get any financing, outside of a line of credit.

You have seen the 255 whaler with Hondas for sale in Comox? 80k after dropping from 115k
Yes, that one was of interest. I looked at it in September. It was in C Plus condition. Trailer was shot but that wasn't a big deal. The Hondas just don't have value for my application. So repower and you're at 130k assuming someone will put the Hondas for a reasonable dollar. Price was just to steep. He wanted around 95k when I looked.
There was a cleaner looking 255 with 350 (2019) verado for sale for a while this summer. Listed at 83k if you didnt want the trailer. That looked like much better value for me.
The 255 checks most boxes. Wish it wasn't a wa but is what it is.

there is an older 25' whaler in Gibsons with brand new Suk twin's ill try grab a pic if your still seeking

Hahaha. How many tuna trips have you picked up by now?
None, but I’m sure at least one member is owed one.

I often push members over the edge! Wasn’t the original poster on one but pumping the stock got a member to buy, not sure if he’ll take me halibut fishing to use me as bait or not! Depends on how the upgrades go!

I can always justify spending other people’s money on a great boat but great boats are always “over” priced or sell super quick.

None, but I’m sure at least one member is owed one.

I often push members over the edge! Wasn’t the original poster on one but pumping the stock got a member to buy, not sure if he’ll take me halibut fishing to use me as bait or not! Depends on how the upgrades go!

I can always justify spending other people’s money on a great boat but great boats are always “over” priced or sell super quick.
I think your referring to me and my project Searay.Costing me way more than I thought it would, (read "what did you do to your boat lately"}. At least I know I'll have lots of Hally bait next season.Eat lots of oily food over the winter!

Price drop on welcraft 5.5k off the top. Shoot him an offer so you can start saving for a repower. 59.5k usd love the real windows https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/711372574162973/?mibextid=6ojiHh
That's a cool hull. There was one around Seattle with twin 150 yams with 3500 hours or so. It was 30k usd I believe. I don't know if maybe condition was rough as I didn't go look. Sat on market for a while. I'd think 150s would be appropriate for that boat. It's an express layout which is nice and somewhat rare for the size and style.

what about this

Back