Painter Tyee Pool boat up for grabs

It would be nice if a larger Campbell River business were to buy it in the auction and then donate it to the CR Conference Center/Marine Museum across from the Fishing Wharf where the Ducks Unlimited fund raiser dinners are held. That would buy them a lot of local community goodwill and could possibly be a tax right off and perhaps the Conference Center/Museum could note the donation on the display card. The Tyee Club is a beloved institution in Campbell River and that is a piece of history and of great local interest. There is already an old restored commercial fishing boat on display there.

Last edited:
I will be there at the dinner.
I definitely do not qualify as a larger Campbell River business.
It would be great to see that happen though, but if it was me, it would be a temporary loan that would not be on display between July 15 and September 15 every year!
That boat is ready to fish, not retire!

Always love to see my great granddads boats still in one piece. I have the last one he built and it will never leave the family. Looks like someone did an amazing refit on that one. What a time capsule. Anyone have any idea how many originals are left? Can't be that many?

Back