Outboard mounting suggestions?

Hi All!

Looking for some suggestions for what I think might be a difficult project. We need to mount a 10hp outboard onto this platform. The trouble being where to put a mount that would be adjustable for height due to the distance to the water, location of the ladder, the leg and of course the entrance to the cockpit?

Is there such a mount that would sit flush on the platform and reach off the stern, in this case on the starboard side? Hope the picture works.

While I have been advised that a kicker isn't necessary on this type of boat... A failed starter and a $1300 tow would suggest otherwise! I failed to follow my own 'must have secondary motor source' rule and paid for it!

image.jpg

Put a small pod on stbd side with hydraulic jack plate, motor with electric tilt and remote strg.

i would likey adapt the swim ladder mounting points
and then brace back to the underside of the transom
as long as you can get access to the inside area to bolt through to secure things

then fab up a hook over ladder system as all depends if you go swimming off the boat
or its just going to be a fish boat
then the idea is to stay the boat .....:D

Put a small pod on stbd side with hydraulic jack plate, motor with electric tilt and remote strg.

that setup is prob more than the cost of the boat but where only here for idea's to try help out ...

is the top or underside flat. the top seems like there is more curves but if the underside if flat maybe through bolts with a plate on the top side and you could put a bracket to the transom. also looks like you might be able to put a bracket on the painted blue part of the transom that wraps around the side of the boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back