wanted: Aluminum welder (bow rails, etc) in Vancouver

Last_Call

Hey guys. Have my boat in Milltown (vancouver) on drystack and i'm looking to get some welding done before the spring. Don't have a trailer so would need a mobile welder OR need to sort out trailer transport to a nearby shop. Would like the following things done:

-New bow rails on port and starboard. (see pic)
-New footsteps on port and starboard in cockpit (see pic)
You_Doodle_2022-12-14T17_35_04Z.JPGYou_Doodle_2022-12-14T17_32_45Z.JPG

Also looking to add a 'jumpseat' on the starboard side in the cockpit just behind the sink so someone can sit facing the rods so might need that bracket, etc welded too. Anyways, I welcome any suggestions of good quality welders in/around Vancouver that might be interested. thx

If you talk to some of the welders down at the Steveston Harbour Authority on Trites and set something up, you could drive your boat there from Milltown and use the lift to pull your boat out of the water and then they could work on it on the hard as their shops are right there.

Can you get those bolt-on foldable foot steps for inside the cockpit? Might save a shin or kneecap.

A similar thread from last year:

Last edited:
I can do it for you, I have trailers across from there. Boat would 100 percent have to come to Delta for me to do it.

Not many rig welders setup to do HF a/c tig but there are some. Will need to find someone with a shop as well that can do the bending. what’s the timeline to get the work done?

Not many rig welders setup to do HF a/c tig but there are some. Will need to find someone with a shop as well that can do the bending. what’s the timeline to get the work done?
would like to have it all done by Mar/April timeframe.

If you talk to some of the welders down at the Steveston Harbour Authority on Trites and set something up, you could drive your boat there from Milltown and use the lift to pull your boat out of the water and then they could work on it on the hard as their shops are right there.

Can you get those bolt-on foldable foot steps for inside the cockpit? Might save a shin or kneecap.

A similar thread from last year:

thanks @Aquaholic ! will try to connect with the Steveston folks.

Not looking to bolt those footsteps on my boat but I do take your point about shin hazard. I plan to keep the steps just a couple inches deep and want them nicely rounded to help prevent any shinners. Will need to be covered in some anti-slip material as well.

Back