outboard motor steering

Finished Business

just curious what type of hydraulic steering you guys are using for your boat outboard engines. I see a lot of sea star hydraulic steering but are there other brands as good or better?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seastar and baystar and they work great. The nice thing about the seastar is everyone has them and parts are easy to find.

That was my thought. Seems SeaStar is the brand nearly everyone has....

I just yesterday finished installing a seastar system on my boat..took about 10 hrs. total (incl. taking out the old cable steering stuff). I must say I am very impressed with what was in the box...everything needed and good instructions. I had a question about the installation and got an Email response within hrs.

what model did you buy papacorn if you don't mind my asking? What else do you need to complete the seastar system? Looking at pictures of whats in the box, all that is missing is a steering wheel correct? Or are there a few other odds and ends needed.

Thanks for the reply, very informative..

the uflex system is great i installed quite a few of these and had zero complaints. easily comparable if not superior in some aspects.that being said my boat has a sea star system and it does the job nicely.

I bought an HK6400 sytem with hoses on Ebay. I could have used me old wheel but opted to buy a nice stainless wheel too (also Ebay, another dealer).

PS I now have a cable steering set-up for trade. Works fine, wheel included, cable about 18 ft. was on my F100 Yamaha. Will trade for balls, lures what have you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back