OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had somebody cross in front of me (showing me his starboard side) with a dipsy diver, got it tangled in my rigger, and during the retrieve, it jammed my pulley and snapped my braid, losing my ball.
He was a good sport, apologised for crossing in front of me, and replaced my ball. I managed to save his gear for him.
Its really important when its busy that everybody remembers to make a slight adjustment to your course if you see somebody in the distance who is getting close and showing you his port side. If we all move sooner than later it makes the busy fleet work much smoother.

If you're pulling long shallow gear, you really shouldn't in the busy fleet, its impossible to manoever that many boats if we're not all using riggers.

We're headed out in an hour....will update later. Likely not running way south so will be at the Bell, North Arm or maybe T-10.

If you're pulling long shallow gear, you really shouldn't in the busy fleet, its impossible to manoever that many boats if we're not all using riggers.

Are you mooching them Aheny ? NICE bringing ol school ! :D;)Or long old fashion standard trolling?

Good luck to those out there, gotta like them Blackfish ...... Even if we're after the same Nooky.

Made it back out decent action within 15 mins a jack hit that didn't stick and boxed a 15lb white. Slow for couple hours hit a tyee and the battle began after 10 min Sammy the seal joined in half hour later lost the battle wanted to jump in with the gaff gotta say best battle I've had with a seal tried so hard to run him over. Hard to battle seal with 2 rookies on the boat oh well if you see a carcass floating with outfitter flasher and custom homeland teaser it's mine lol

Anybody know why there is a million jack springs this year? I've never caught this many before. Am I the only lucky guy catching all of them lol ??

Fished sandheads
Had a gong show while playing a fish and getting wrapped around someone's downrigger cable (sorry for yelling). Watched him land my fish then my line snapped. I motored over to get my gear and he handed me my gear and the fish, thanks again
I apologize again a bit slow to elude you're fish. At least you hooked it and played it. Didn't have much fight when it got hooked up into my gear.
A good part of fishing is netting the bigger fish by yourself.
I know how you felt as it has happened to me too
I still have your mainline snap swivel lol.

An indication next year will be good
Absolutely, great sign, we use to call them grillse, when I was a kid fishing in the late 70's, early 80's, we use to weed through schools of them.
Be gentle with the shakers boys, they are the future for sure.

No springs for us last night from Iona north thru to the Bell....had some wild coho and a ~15lb chum. One of the other boats back at the dock hooked into a couple chum too.

Didn't see any nets in the air except for the boats trying to catch butterflies.

Absolutely, great sign, we use to call them grillse, when I was a kid fishing in the late 70's, early 80's, we use to weed through schools of them.
Be gentle with the shakers boys, they are the future for sure.

When I'm fishing shallow I've actually switched to 3/0 hooks, due to the huge quantity of shakers. My bigger Chinook gear seems to get dangerously close to the little guys eyes.
I also started using 12# balls so I can see them jiggle easier. You can sure harm a lot of fish if you fish often and aren't careful.

exciting day for us out at sandheads, bucked throught the wave from howesound to the light ship, and decided that the waves were unfishable for a 36ft boat.
tied up in steveston, had breakfast, met fishin solo... headed out around 11 and hooked the biggest sockeye ive ever caught, thought it was a chinook by the size of it until i noticed the lack of spots. he hit the herring at 47ft.
had to battle a seal that was intent on getting an easy meal. (thankful we had an ace up our sleeves to discourage the seals).
another sockeye 30 mins later again on herring. ended the day with one last hit on anchovie at71 ft, lucky fish got a meal and missed the hook.
headed home around5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back