OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying to take a day off, but I think I'm heading out for the evening bite. Got my chovies nice and brined

On fire....

hey solo, were they red or white?

I'm choked, mother in law came into town, so I was guilted out of an evening fish.

I fish that same spot often too

Started out this morning at 6:30 am and pounded my way to T-10, as the wind was formidable. I couldn't convince either kid or my wife to come with me, so I could barely even get my gear in the water. When I finally did, I thought I'd have a nice morning/breakfast beer! When I opened the beer cooler, I found that half of them were empty as the caps had leaked! Crap! Note to self: never bring bottled beer in the boat again. Nothing doing at the T-10 so I pulled up and pounded to the sandheads. and picked up a nice 16/17lb red on a chovy in shallow near the bell at around noon. A bunch of other guys started hooking up at the same time in the same area. Took me approximately 1/2 hour to net mine by myself. The wind let up and it became a nice afternoon. Even saw a lone whale.

hey solo, were they red or white?

I'm choked, mother in law came into town, so I was guilted out of an evening fish.

I fish that same spot often too
Haven't checked colour yet just bled em and threw in the locker just got off the water. My mother inlaw would have told me to go fish lol

Lol, well if she was honest she would tell me to go fishing for 2 weeks. Crazy how it all works eh?
The wife though thinks sticking 2 positively charged ions in the same room will end up with a good result.
If you don't mind let us know what colour they are. Love the Reds but I love when those Harrison's start rolling in too

Lol, well if she was honest she would tell me to go fishing for 2 weeks. Crazy how it all works eh?
The wife though thinks sticking 2 positively charged ions in the same room will end up with a good result.
If you don't mind let us know what colour they are. Love the Reds but I love when those Harrison's start rolling in too

I've caught 2 whites so far this week at Sandheads. Just shy of 20# each.

Pics for the proof
WTF chuck! ( lol sorry had to)
damn I'm usually a day late not a day early.
nice haul, good to see you stuck it out after that crap we put up with yesterday eh
congrats!!

Was determined to get out today after watching the wind blow yesterday (and not being able to make it out in the evening). Also headed down to T10 to start the day and dropped lines around 7:45 am. Waves weren't too bad, but the wind was howling. Put in a couple hours with nothing happening in our boat or any others that we saw, so headed up to the North Arm where the winds were much accommodating.

Just as we got there saw an older Hourston or Double Eagle in a solid 15 - 20 minute battle. They finally got it up next to the boat, but the line snapped when they tried to net it - bye bye fish and flasher. Had three dogfish in quick succession then watched a small pod of orcas roll through pretty quick and in tight to the jetty heading south just after noon. Decided that was our queue and called it a day.

Congrats to those who braved the wind and came home with full coolers this weekend.

Had a great day at Sandheads. Did not turn on for us till just after lunch. Went 3 for 4 in an hour around the green bell bouy. Lost the 4th right at the net when the hook poped out. All fish were at 29 feet on the downrigger in less than 40 feet of water. All 4 fish were an almost identical 14 pounds. Fish finder was a mass of arches in that area.
3 on anchovies in Chrome/black teaser head and the other on green/white coyote spoon.
Saw at least 6 boats get sealed and numerous times saw a seal munching on a salmon.
Think we should just get some hydrophones and broadcast some transient Orca sounds. That might scare them away.

Must say that there were a lot of boats going in all different directions and everyone was very good at keeping watch and not running into people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back