OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At Sandheads now.
Almost 50 boats here plus 4 or 5 whale tour boats. Lots of Orcas.
Not much fish activity, only 1 hit on a chovie.
At least the weather/wind is cooperating

Keep the posts coming guys, heading out after work; hope to have rods in the water by 6pm...hope the winds hold off...cheers and tight lines :)

Hit the bell first thing yesterday morning and within an hour had a 14-15 lb red and a big healthy sockeye safely released. Spring hit a green/white spoon and the sockeye hit the extra large anchovies haha, saw some good action for about an hour with a couple boats hitting some keepers then dead for awhile. We pulled the pin and headed just past the north arm and right away had a double header on anchovies, Lost the big boy but managed to land another 16lb red. All in all a good day.

Decided to swing my the bell buoy this morning for a quick hour 10:30-11:30, got 2 mid teen springs, almost a double header as I was boxing the first one. 48' & 52' on the riggers w/ anchovy and spoon - FINALLY they've arrived!

Everyone is going to have fun with this forecast....

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    476.2 KB · Views: 140
Anyone?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    57.8 KB · Views: 92
Had to get home for a family dinner so only able 3 hours at North arm. My springer was the only one I saw landed by all the boats there. Weighed in at 18lbs. 77ft on a splatter back hoochie. Only hit... Real hot fish, lots of fun.

Sure was a beauty afternoon.

I was surprised I didn't see any fish landed, feeling pretty lucky to have pulled one out.

What a day bobba boys! Got the tub right in to the BATTLE OF SANDHEADS. There were so many cannon balls in the water, I for sure thought I would be sunk or swamped.

Great Orca show around nine.

Seven Jacky Jacks to hand, and a few no-stickums for the day. All on anchovies, with no one Rock Star flasher but the new TWISTED SISTER did bring the first fisth of the day. Ran out of beer, so we had to come in!

Best part of the day, for only the FOURTH time in 25+ years of fishin', I got checked by the Fish Cops! It sure was nice to see them out checking everyone. Full pull inspection for the tub, showed them all my gear with glee! Then showed them my empty cooler... Wish those two gals and the feller had the gas money to be out every day!

Fished sandheads
Had a gong show while playing a fish and getting wrapped around someone's downrigger cable (sorry for yelling). Watched him land my fish then my line snapped. I motored over to get my gear and he handed me my gear and the fish, thanks again

Did the evening fish at Sandheads 600-830.
No action till 800.
Saw the orcas do a pass at around 700.
Saw a guy get sealed with two more waiting to see if the first failed. Lots of those buggers out there tonight.
Saw very few nets out till 800.
Fished one side glow white hootchie and the other a chovie.
Come 800 everyone's nets were out; landed 2 Jacks, one a nice stubby of 18" that must of weighed in at around 8lbs, back he went.
When I was bringing up that line I had a dipsy diver, flasher and teaser head tangled in the rigger and of course the fish decided he want some of that action so ended in a mess; weird cause I didn't get close to any other boats, was doing my best to stay away from the pack...thought it was Canso's from the above report, but his ended up better than whoevers I ended up with...c'est la vie...hopefully be out again sometime this weekend if the wife lets it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back