OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
South end Bowen and strait may be ok as winds have died down at Pt A but can't confirm visual as too rough here to distinguish between water lines and colour.

Winds light forcasted for tomorrow boys. Running to thrasher. Whos coming?

Some jack butt set fire to the ramp at mcdonald

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 138
We launched. High tide would be a pain. We never ended up going over to gabe. Went to T10 and poked around trying to wait it out now fishing HITW. Slow

Oh FFS!

I bet now they'll start locking the gate.

I thought they do lock the gate at McDonald beach after dark. That sucks. Total butt clowns, always have to ruin things for everyone else. Does anyone know how launching from the Tsawwassen jetty is these days. What hours are they locking the gate there. Useable at what tides?

I'm having a lot of trouble finding HITW. Can someone look it up on google maps and post the co-ordinates? Thanks very much.

We ended up on the flats west van. Bonked a plump 8lb doe cap coho, released an equal in size sockey and lost 1 more coho.

Winds light forcasted for tomorrow boys. Running to thrasher. Whos coming?

Thinking of heading across the strait tomorrow. Did you go to Thrasher SteelyDan? Anyone had any luck over there this weekend. Guessing not a lot of guys did that with the major wind Fri, & Sat. I might just go to bottom fish the Southern Gulf Islands, but if there was still good action on Salmon around Thrasher maybe I'd head that way. Any reports from the other side?

No we did not. Heard on the radio it was pretty rough and slow. Also had a report of 3 foot chop at polier 6am. There's cap coho around though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back