OFFICIAL 2016 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished up our day at the sandheads. Possibly had the best 2 hours of fishing in my life between 3-5 pm. Limited out on Springs between 3 of us. Biggest 22 lbs. Anchovies and shallow. Looked like a bunch of other boats were hooking up too.

20160820_162252.jpg

Last edited:
We got one bringing a rod up probably 10 feet and another one around 26 and the other 3 were at Lemiux and Bourque!! Lol

How do you know they are transient?
Pretty typical for them to show up to gorge on the salmon stacked up

One side bait and one side spoon, dogfish as soon as I put it down. Bell to West Van, seen one fish netted and that was it. Sun was warm and the beers were cold after everything was put away!!! Good luck to those in the Derbie!

Mike

Gonna head out tomorrow again if the wind holds of not looking that good tomorrow wind wise .

Not a bad idea, I will be too of wind permits. 2 days in a row and good fish taken between t10 and north arm. They seem to be stacking up there. Though I see Sandheads was producing. Been waiting all year for this

image.jpg Happy to read a few fish being caught. I went across to the French creek derby and we've caught a lot of salmon this past two days. Back to Delta tomorrow after playing many Springs and Cohos. Caught at all depths and almost all on hootchies.

Just finished up our day at the sandheads. Possibly had the best 2 hours of fishing in my life between 3-5 pm. Limited out on Springs between 3 of us. Biggest 22 lbs. Anchovies and shallow. Looked like a bunch of other boats were hooking up too.

View attachment 29159
first time at sandheads??? when the fish are there its lights out cant get the lines down fast enough.... glad you had a good day it will only get better there if the winds take a break and we can fish it

T10 marker is off the Fraser middle arm by the airport. The "North Arm" is the northern exit of the 3 arms of the Fraser River off Point Grey.

Not to be rude, but you should really study up on a few things before venturing onto the ocean. The mouth of the Fraser River can get pretty nasty at times. If you can't even identify your location, if something were to go wrong then you would be SOL. You need to be able to summon help and let rescuers know your exact location. A VHF radio is a whole lot better than a cell for that. Cell coverage is unreliable, be prepared if your venturing out on the chuck with little experience.

Good luck, but be prepared, and be safe.

first time at sandheads??? when the fish are there its lights out cant get the lines down fast enough.... glad you had a good day it will only get better there if the winds take a break and we can fish it

Haha been there a bunch of times but in my old little zodiac before we upgraded. Have done well with Springs and sockeye a few years back but nothing like yesterday for Springs before. Hopefully it keeps up. Heading out with a few other guys today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back