OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Got out to Thrasher at about 1 pm today. Fished right at the rock, north and south of the rock from 120 ft of water and out to 700 ft of water for about 4 hrs. Not a sniff. We were using Herring, Anchovy and spoons. We then booted over to Porlier and fished there for about 2 hrs. I had a couple good smacks but nothing stuck on. So we then booted back over to Grande and fished there for an hour and a bit without a sniff there either. We packed up and went into Silva Bay for dinner before heading to the Inn for the night.
I think we may go over to the Sound tomorrow morning and try over there. We are contemplating maybe fishing for the Lings at first light at Gabriola then heading over to fish the Sound.
Not many boats around here today either. Maybe about 5 at Thrasher when we arrived and only a couple at Porlier when we got there. Only one other boat fishing the Grande before dark today that we saw.
Water was like glass all day. Great day to be on the water but the fish wanted nothing to do with us lol.

We noticed 4 boats leaving Thrasher at about 1 pm when we were arriving and they were all heading towards Vancouver. Maybe they had good fishing in the morning and were leaving cause they were limited or maybe they were leaving to look for fish elsewhere?

Hey Scott did you hear if anyone got into any fish on the Gabriola side early in the morning today?

Heard nothing. Buddies ran over at 5 as this is our big 3 day guys weekend. Sadly I have a wedding to be at on Sat so fishing the day tomorrow and on a float plane home in the evening.

Keep in touch in the morning. ;)

Went 2 for 4 yesterday at thrasher and Grande. Boxed a 9 and 16. Tough fishing. Out now at thrasher. Its very rougy seas.

Ya...we're south of the rock. Tried the Grande but it was like a washing machine with the waves and a ton of crap in the water.

Please FM, Floatingarounddrinkingbeer can't start his boat without you!

Lots of good reports over the last 4 pages, with up to the minute reports posted by Pippen and Chasin all morning today (thanks guys). Pacific Angler also posts up to date reports from the Vancouver area as well. Putting lines in the water can also produce a nice report.

Lots of good reports over the last 4 pages, with up to the minute reports posted by Pippen and Chasin all morning today (thanks guys). Pacific Angler also posts up to date reports from the Vancouver area as well. Putting lines in the water can also produce a nice report.

bingo lol Go make a report dont wait for a report !!

Yer a dick nick...lol just about spewed water all over the keyboard...hope all yer new gear is a workin
And where the hell is FM??? Must be shining his stang....

Hey FB thanks for your comments you sound like a real sweet heart!

Speaking of sweet hearts see attached PIC. That's my birthday present from my wife. Brand new Etec 150hp. IMG_20150528_224352.jpg

Finished up the day fishing at hole in the wall with no action, then went over to mouth of the Cap for last couple hours. No action there either. We were pulling Anchovy, Herring, spoons, and hootchies all day. Nothing for us at any locations except some Pollock and a mud shark.
Didn't see any nets out at any locations we fished yesterday or today. We got a late start this morning though. We didn't get on the water until around 11:30 am.

Went out to "Hole in the Wall" this afternoon. Fished from 3:00pm to 6:00pm, trolled Pesca spoons behind green onion flashers. Depth - 65 and 71 on the riggers... In about 200+ ft of water. Landed a nice 15lber followed by 12lber. We also released a 8lber. The best action came close to the terminal.

Weather was perfect! Maybe 4 other boats fishing in the area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's odd Bmcg22 we left hole in the wall at 3 and there wasn't one boat fishing there anymore. Whole place was empty. You guys all must have arrived at the same time! Wow congrats on the fish Bmcg22! Any pics?

Unfortunately no pics... The other boats were spread out, closer to sunset marina. All three fish hit within 45min. right around 5pm at high tide.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back