OFFICIAL 2015 Vancouver-Howe Sound-Sechelt Reports Thread

Definately slow, but still a beauty day yesterday @ Gabriola. A few of chances, ending with 1 solid Red in the boat

20150531_104550.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice fish!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Was out for the weekend very slow. Fished thrasher, in close and out with no action. Then went to Bowen Island fish around there for about 3Hrs and nothing. Watched a guy beside me land a 10lb fish...made me feel "Low" but he was happy. Best part was it was a Beautiful weekend on the water.

Went out Sunday and noticed hardly anyone from my marina was out. Called a friend and he was exploring a small area. Tried the Hump, along the outside edge for 2 hours, then over towards Gower Pt. and Home island, all for nothing. Lots of bait showing shallow, at the clear water outside of the hump, and for miles towards Thasher Rock, c/w bait birds working the bait. Where are those Cap Coho?
Decided to run to Gabriola. Found some friends there and got some good advice. At the end of the flood tide the bite came on for me (6 and 7pm) and resulted in two fish in the boat, including the biggest of the year so far, 24 lbs.
Would have stayed longer but the cooling system decided to act up! Came home on the kicker on Monday morning, only 4 hours, 22 minutes. Sure glad it wasn't rough.

Found it has slowed down too. Tried a little of everything except herring, will try today. took a 12 on a spoon in the morning at south end of texada, then a 19 at quarry bay for the afternoon change. both came from 200+, much deeper than we usually find them and close to the bottom. what was working for you filletandrelease?

I use anchovie pretty much all the time this time of year. What a difference a few days make. Sunday night was awesome at Epsom. I kept 2 and boat of 4 along side of me landed 5. Mix of red and white. Several in the mid to high teens. Alas, back to the grind now. Will work that area again this weekend.

late report, but fished sunday at hole in the wall, no salmon but caught 3 pacific cod, fed one to an eagle, really cool to watch

79a3a4e65f3ba12d00093463145ee17a.jpg

4996b05de7359a960921ad79f29db02e.jpg

59b62707a9d6ae278e37c54dafa2125f.jpg

I've fed that eagle before too. They are pretty well trained there and will grab any small fish including one still on your line.

This was the biggest salmon we managed yesterday. Extremely clean bite. Rod hardly twitched in the holder. Any idea what might have done that?

Has really slowed down out there.

Attachments

• DSC_0050.jpg
    DSC_0050.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 491
Great Eagle pics Fixit!

Looks like the Grande area Ryanb. Slow everywhere! I was gonna fish tomorrow and Friday but I think I'll get caught up on yard work instead :(

That's a dogfish bite. Ask crabby about the swarm of dogs that ate a teener off his line. No salmons on the inside, maybe the odd one following pinks/socks.

Hey Kelly....there was a confirmed report if memory serves me correctly of a salmon shark in the Thrasher area this time a couple of years back. There may be a few other guys who recall it as well. It was referenced in one of these report threads, likely the Vancouver one.

I do recall Crabby's mystery mash up of a mid-20's spring last August or September.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also Tiger Sharks up the inside apparently. Check out Wayne Clark's comment down the page in the link I posted. By Mill Bay..

Growing up fishing Point Roberts we also saw Salmon Sharks caught. I think I got a non digi photo somewhere of one my Father in law caught out there. Pretty sure our waters weren't as warm back then either. Teeth on them suckers are nasty.

Back