O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

It's like river fishing right now at the T10! 8' inflatable just trolled right into a 22ish foot Proline and the argument is still going on. Combat fishing!!

7ata2u9a.jpg

Are they arguing 'bout fishing tackle retail sales inventory strategies?
Lol, Lol Lol. Gong Gong Gong!!!!!! The Natives are setting up road side stands here now in the Wack. 12 bucks a fish. Lol. I guess it gives the elderly and handicapped who cant fish a chance to stock up. Wahoo. Were into full blown Sockeye Madness Boys!!!!!:p

It's like river fishing right now at the T10! 8' inflatable just trolled right into a 22ish foot Proline and the argument is still going on. Combat fishing!!

Yup, fun alright. Went out yesterday after work to see the carnage after the whale show.

Definitely slow...whereas the morning was good. Put down Chinook gear artificials and was motoring along at a quick pace...

Got Rods in the water at 1:45 and immediately had 1 bone brain decide he was going to troll North-South (he was in a Hewescraft) when the generally accepted direction for fishing that location is east-west and he forced a 90 degree turn on me to avoid a collision. Made another couple of passes and then different boat, same location, Mr. Bonehead in a white/blue boat decides that he doesn't like the depth of water he's trolling in so he hooks a 90 degree left from my starboard side and trolls over my course at 1.5 mph...while I had to turn to starboard to avoid him.

You can totally tell who gets on the water and who doesn't because all of the regulars who normally fish out there don't force manoeuvres on others...regardless of traffic.

Thanks to the guys who said hi. No I haven't sold my boat, I just have sort of been trying to not live on the net as much. To sedentary for me and I have a hard time keeping my weight down. I've dropped a lot of weight since when most of the guys on the forum met me last. So I hope people aren't offended that I don't post these days. I just try to limit my time on the internet these days. I generally still read the forum on my phone while I'm at work. but try to really restrict my time in front of a computer. Hi to everyone who I haven't chatted with in a while.

On the fishing subject. I might mention that I always like to experiment with gear. i dont pretend to be a sockeye high liner. I do alright, but they aren't my favourite target. This year as well as four years ago my hottest flashers have been ones with the tape removed. I know that goes against all the sockeye teachings but it seems to work. I drill a couple of half inch holes at the back end of the flashers. Changes the action, and others claim it sends a different sound pattern in the water. The flasher that is working the best is drilled and cut off at about a 35 degree angle at the back end. Yes I actually sawed off part of the back end of the flasher. I can see guys cringing now. This seems to allow the flasher to dodge rather than rotate for sockeye and gives it a more erratic action.

Please don't ask for pics, because as I said I'm trying not to be on the internet all day now. Good luck out there, go get em.

Good looking catches there tightlines!
Was at south arm from 10-2:30. Saw maybe 5 landed. Managed 1 around 11 and didn't see anything afterwards.image.jpg

Lots and lots of boats launching at MacDonald this morning... Nice and calm out this morning... Out for an hour so far (North Arm), no luck yet.

Adams river Socks

how can you tell if there adams fish?

The Adams fish look distinctly different. Will be bigger and a different colouration. They will start pouring in now. Soon almost all your catch with be these fish. Mother Nature makes them bigger for the long haul back to the Shushwap. image.jpg

T-10 went off from around 10-11.....nets flying everywhere!
Yup! We landed 4 back to back during this time frame southwest of T-10 then it went quiet. Lost 3 more after that here and there. Majority of the big school was showing up deep, like 150-200 feet deep! Dropped lines down there but they were not biting.

One hit one fish today. Pretty slow at north arm. Lots of schools on the sounder. Can't seem to get them to bite.

Was out trying for sockeye last night and this morning, with millions of fish predicted it's awfully dead out there in front of the Fraser. I think everybody in the lower mainland with a floating bathtub was out there today. We started at T10 then picked-up and headed to sandheads with no strikes or even seeing anybody catch a fish we packed it in around 11:00. I think I am going to give up on the socks and go back to Springs, this time last year I was nailing 20lb springs off T10. Anybody out there trying for springs these days?

Capt

st out 5 miles from Gibsons 6.30am this morning half way between Mc Call bank and the hump
on are lonesome went 6 for 7 on sox 60-100' deep in 450-500'+
mostly on red or candy mini squirts
died off when the wind picked up around 11.30 and headed home in at 12.30 pm

pays to be on the ball as we started slow 2 rods and could have done our limit
if we would have ran the 4 from the get go

Fished T10 yesterday morning getting one in 2.5 hrs. Moved to the sandheads and ended up 3 for 7 in an hour and a half 10-11:30. Figured I'd give her a shot this morning so headed straight there. A little slower this morning but got 3 and lost 2 before the whales showed up. Got quiet for a bit but managed to pick up my 4th around noon. Fished solo, 2 lines so that was a wrap. Some big sox in the cooler.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was out trying for sockeye last night and this morning, with millions of fish predicted it's awfully dead out there in front of the Fraser. I think everybody in the lower mainland with a floating bathtub was out there today. We started at T10 then picked-up and headed to sandheads with no strikes or even seeing anybody catch a fish we packed it in around 11:00. I think I am going to give up on the socks and go back to Springs, this time last year I was nailing 20lb springs off T10. Anybody out there trying for springs these days?

Capt

I hear you there Marty! Last year was great for springs! This time last year I was having days of getting into 4- 6 good springs. I'd take that anyday!

Back