O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

that's some serious limits!
Here's some good work by a local guide boat...

imagejpg1.jpg
[/URL]

8 guests on board. I heard they lost a lot...

Keep posting pics like that, and we will be fishing next to seiners at the mouth of the Fraser.

Last edited by a moderator:
boxed 6 today at south arm all before 12 noon......2 quad hook ups and couple doubles......could have done better but I suck at fishing. I just love boat rides.

Had a fun night out on the north arm tonight with my son - it's his 9th birthday tomorrow and we hooked a "birthday Sockeye!" He was so excited... It hit my rod (around 60' on a pink / green Michael bait) and proceeded to run across into my sons line. We both reeled up, and netted him together... Couldn't keep the smiles off both of our faces!

Anyone know when the Sockeye fishing will start to die off typically?
if the numbers continue this way, after the first week in sept. it will slow down fast.
they might still be there but colour up and stop biting

Last edited by a moderator:
First post in a while, kinda got out of the constant on the net like I used to be in the past. Went out yesterday solo had a double that I landed the first of, but lost the second because the first was still tangled in the net. lost a couple others then landed one more. All except one on pink minis and red or chartreuse flashers with the tape removed.The other was on an orange vintage Kripple K spoon behind a metal dodger. I still like old school for the socs.

On a side note I launched at McDonlad beach ramp in Richmond at 5am. In my rush to get out I left my custom snap on canvas boat top on the ground at the ramp. It was still dark and I didn't see it and forgot it there. When I came back there was no sign of it around. Not sure why anyone would take it, its useless for anyones boat but my own. Anyone with any info about it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Good to see you around Dal! :cool:

=============

Stopped by A&N fishin' boutique downtown today to have a look and was amazed to see they have No Sockeye trolling gear of any type on display.

Even their selection of regular trolling gear is looking threadbare-I can only surmise that they do one big buy in winter that's delivered in early spring and that's it-someone forgot-or more likely has NFC how popular & lucrative the sport Sockeye fishery is locally.

I wasn't surprised to see West Marine on 2nd had SFA for Sockeye gear their fishing section looks worse & worse with each passing year- a former colleague of mine once tried to recruit me to work there one day a week to help them organise the department but it looks like a thankless task.

Hopefully I'll make it to Nikka on Sunday.

Sounds like advertising to me. I run my own business and wouldn't want such negative comments. If you have nothing good to say keep it to yourself. You have no idea. Anyhow I don't think we need reports as it will be good until early September. It's time to fill the freezer before October hunting season fills it

Good to see you around Dal! :cool:

=============

Stopped by A&N fishin' boutique downtown today to have a look and was amazed to see they have No Sockeye trolling gear of any type on display.

Even their selection of regular trolling gear is looking threadbare-I can only surmise that they do one big buy in winter that's delivered in early spring and that's it-someone forgot-or more likely has NFC how popular & lucrative the sport Sockeye fishery is locally.

I wasn't surprised to see West Marine on 2nd had SFA for Sockeye gear their fishing section looks worse & worse with each passing year- a former colleague of mine once tried to recruit me to work there one day a week to help them organise the department but it looks like a thankless task.

Hopefully I'll make it to Nikka on Sunday.

Stop by Bon Chovy's shop on Granville Island if you're looking for flashers etc. Call ahead for hours

We were out from 3 till 7pm and started at the T10 seeing as the guys we met at the launch had no luck at the Sandheads.....well that was a mistake...had my bud and his two keener daughters with us that were visiting from Ottawa. No luck at T10 trying deeper than normal on the 100 to 130 range as the guys at Nikka had said that was where they had been hitting.
Was looking like it was going to be a bit of a let down for the crew but i decided to haul up the gear and head to Sandheads around 5:30. Set the gear down around 125 and had four hit in the run of 45 minutes and boxed three. Was running just one dummy flasher each side and one rod a side as well. Deeper seems to be the ticket at the moment.
Other guys at the launch when pulling out didn't say they had much luck at the shallower gear depths.
Three beautiful chrome fish nice sizes....not those green ones they're getting at the scale bar.
Good luck out there.

A and N Langley has a lot of gear. Use old flashers or any thing your least favourite for dummies, why spend big bucks when ya don't need too. I'm using seconds, or old worn gear that's seen better days . The more attractors or dummies you have if rigged right, the more luck you should have . You DO NOT need to go out and buy T 10 flashers. Yes they are working but by far not the only thing working. I'm using old hot spots, Gibbs, Okies, all that have seen better days
Good luck

Sockeye 2014 010.jpg
We were out from 3 till 7pm and started at the T10 seeing as the guys we met at the launch had no luck at the Sandheads.....well that was a mistake...had my bud and his two keener daughters with us that were visiting from Ottawa. No luck at T10 trying deeper than normal on the 100 to 130 range as the guys at Nikka had said that was where they had been hitting.
Was looking like it was going to be a bit of a let down for the crew but i decided to haul up the gear and head to Sandheads around 5:30. Set the gear down around 125 and had four hit in the run of 45 minutes and boxed three. Was running just one dummy flasher each side and one rod a side as well. Deeper seems to be the ticket at the moment.
Other guys at the launch when pulling out didn't say they had much luck at the shallower gear depths.
Three beautiful chrome fish nice sizes....not those green ones they're getting at the scale bar.
Good luck out there.
Green like these? Caught this morning in a just a few casts. Lol

First post in a while, kinda got out of the constant on the net like I used to be in the past. Went out yesterday solo had a double that I landed the first of, but lost the second because the first was still tangled in the net. lost a couple others then landed one more. All except one on pink minis and red or chartreuse flashers with the tape removed.The other was on an orange vintage Kripple K spoon behind a metal dodger. I still like old school for the socs.

On a side note I launched at McDonlad beach ramp in Richmond at 5am. In my rush to get out I left my custom snap on canvas boat top on the ground at the ramp. It was still dark and I didn't see it and forgot it there. When I came back there was no sign of it around. Not sure why anyone would take it, its useless for anyones boat but my own. Anyone with any info about it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Good to hear from you Big Guy thought you may have sold your boat or something.

Good to see you back Dal! Forgot to buzz ya but about 10 days ago was putting in to the gas dock and saw you at Vanier, not sure if you were launching or retrieving as just saw your boat and truck in the parking lot.

Back