O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

Lines down at 630 am. First fish at 8am, boated 8 before 11am. They were all on my deep lines 65-85ft. Now I'm siting by the launch waiting for the tide.

We limited out on socks yesterday between the north arm and the t 10. 70 feet was the ticket. 24 inch lleaders on Michael baits with lots of dummy flashers and troll slow. We landed a triple and had numerous double headers. Lots of tangles but it keeps you busy lol

Early start, two limits of socks. Found mine way out far off a tide line. 70-90 for me today. 9 to the boat one released. Zero lost...thanks to no bananas.

First time out and it was fun, 4 people on board and got our 16 fish in 5hrs. Didn't see many jumpers, and not the usual sockeye madness but it was not a disappointment! Fished near south arm...

Buddies wife packed him a banana, went three for five,
Are you freaking kidding me!!!!

Lol, my buddy brought 4 bananas last year and we hit 5 springs and boated 4. Maybe he needed 4.

Cheers, Rob
Y
PS: Pike and walleye fishing in SK was a blast. 1st trip for me tomorrow afternoon.

Lol my rookie bud on Friday packed a banana. I tossed it and then we started hitting fish

Let me tell you about my day... I should start by saying I should have stayed in bed :(

Woke up and hit the road by 5:30am as I live in PoCo and was planning to launch at MacDonald.. The following is all of the fun which happened today!

1) Got to Tim Hortons about 10 mins front my house a realized I left my Scotty Rod holders at Home. No big deal, only 10 mins away.
2) Make it to MacDonald Boat launch with no issues.. Meet a member of this forum on the boat ramp and launch the boat with no issues.
3) Get out to the Georgia Strait and start setting up my gear. Setup all my dummy flashers and rods using a 15lb cannon ball on my downrigger.
4) Troll around 50 feet for 45 minutes and i'm finding I am just battling the under-current and my downrigger cable is going everywhere but where I want it and I'm fighting to keep the boat straight.
5) Pull up my line and rigger and find that my 3 dummy flashers all bunched together and I spend 5 mins untangling them. (That's life)
6) Rig everything up again and start fishing... 10 minutes later something feels wrong and I bring up my lines and downrigger to find that all 3 flashers are gone and the clips are stacked one on top of each other (but I set them 6-7 feet apart)
7) Determined that the clips I have a slipping like crazy and the current is pushing them together.
8) I say screw it and head over to the Bell Buoy for an Hour or two..
9) Finish fishing and head back to the launch. Go to grab my car and trailer to find some idiot has blocked me in an I can't get my car/trailer out. A strangers comes up and helps my unhook my trailer to get it out and we move abut some empty trailers and I manage to get my car out. (Thanks to whoever you are!!)
10) I'm heading home at this point and figure I should drop by Berry's Bait and Tackle to see if they have better clips for my dummy flashers. Turns out mine are for rope (aka crab trap line) and not downrigger cable. Purchase 8 more clips and hit the road.
11) Heading on 91a North when I suddenly notice the wheel bearing has gone on my drivers side trailer axle and that my wheel is doing a crazy wobble. Pull over and call my Auto Club and find out they won't help me because it's my trailer and not the car, end up calling a tow truck and spending $160 to flatbed my trailer to PoCo.

As you can see I had a pretty sh*itty day and probably should have never left the house.. I was planning to head out to give it another go tomorrow (the reason I purchased more clips and flashers) but it looks like I'm not going fishing since I have no trailer :( (Unless anyone has a spare seat they want to fill)

Hit the mouth today. Hooked 4 sox and landed 3 over 8 hours. Not action packed but got lucky with a few fish. All fish at 70 ft.

Let me tell you about my day... I should start by saying I should have stayed in bed :(

Woke up and hit the road by 5:30am as I live in PoCo and was planning to launch at MacDonald.. The following is all of the fun which happened today!

1) Got to Tim Hortons about 10 mins front my house a realized I left my Scotty Rod holders at Home. No big deal, only 10 mins away.
2) Make it to MacDonald Boat launch with no issues.. Meet a member of this forum on the boat ramp and launch the boat with no issues.
3) Get out to the Georgia Strait and start setting up my gear. Setup all my dummy flashers and rods using a 15lb cannon ball on my downrigger.
4) Troll around 50 feet for 45 minutes and i'm finding I am just battling the under-current and my downrigger cable is going everywhere but where I want it and I'm fighting to keep the boat straight.
5) Pull up my line and rigger and find that my 3 dummy flashers all bunched together and I spend 5 mins untangling them. (That's life)
6) Rig everything up again and start fishing... 10 minutes later something feels wrong and I bring up my lines and downrigger to find that all 3 flashers are gone and the clips are stacked one on top of each other (but I set them 6-7 feet apart)
7) Determined that the clips I have a slipping like crazy and the current is pushing them together.
8) I say screw it and head over to the Bell Buoy for an Hour or two..
9) Finish fishing and head back to the launch. Go to grab my car and trailer to find some idiot has blocked me in an I can't get my car/trailer out. A strangers comes up and helps my unhook my trailer to get it out and we move abut some empty trailers and I manage to get my car out. (Thanks to whoever you are!!)
10) I'm heading home at this point and figure I should drop by Berry's Bait and Tackle to see if they have better clips for my dummy flashers. Turns out mine are for rope (aka crab trap line) and not downrigger cable. Purchase 8 more clips and hit the road.
11) Heading on 91a North when I suddenly notice the wheel bearing has gone on my drivers side trailer axle and that my wheel is doing a crazy wobble. Pull over and call my Auto Club and find out they won't help me because it's my trailer and not the car, end up calling a tow truck and spending $160 to flatbed my trailer to PoCo.

As you can see I had a pretty sh*itty day and probably should have never left the house.. I was planning to head out to give it another go tomorrow (the reason I purchased more clips and flashers) but it looks like I'm not going fishing since I have no trailer :( (Unless anyone has a spare seat they want to fill)

Hey buddy I can help you with your trailer. I have done mine many times plus I do all my 5 work trailers every year. Pm me if you need help and want to save a little cash as you had a ****** day

fished from about 4:30 pm till about 8pm for socks from just south of the north arm jetty to just north of t10. lots of boats out. we managed 1 sockeye for out efforts, missed 2 pop offs that were definite hits. we saw one other boat lose one sockeye, that is the only action we saw the whole time out and we were keeping a keen eye out for any kind of action. pretty darn slow in that area tonight. will be out early tomorrow, hopefully the whales won't be around.

Anyone had any luck at sand heads this morning? Dead quiet for me. Running pink on pink at 65' and 90'

Was out from 4 to 7:30 last night trolling south from the North Arm. Put one sock in the box and lost one at the net - that might have been me you saw nicnat....I took no end of ribbing from my partner about losing that fish and rightfully so. ("What the hell kind of boat did I sign onto? You're embarrassing me!)

Beauty eve on the water, gonna try again tomorrow.

Hey buddy I can help you with your trailer. I have done mine many times plus I do all my 5 work trailers every year. Pm me if you need help and want to save a little cash as you had a ****** day

All fixed up now... 1 hub was damaged badly and from the looks of it the previous owner knew which is why he installed a plastic cap over the hub/bearing. Ended up buying two new hub assemblies from Princess Auto and the trailer is good as new and I have piece of mind. $100 and it is back on the road!

Bobbed around in the chop at the north arm and headed towards t10 for a few hours mid day today... One bite, but nothing stuck.

We were out Saturday and Sunday. Not much success.

Saturday got lines in the water just a bit south of the North Arm jetty around 6:45am. Had a couple of bites maybe and landed a nice sockeye around 7:15am. Just as that was netted the other rod started bobbing but the fish was lost close to the boat. A couple more bites but nothing else stuck. Was fishing until 1:30pm. Seeing the orcas and porpoises was cool but I'm sure that didn't help fishing

The currents were crazy! Our downrigger lines would be at crazy angles relative to the boat even when the boat was stationary. Had a few tangles.

Out early this morning, lines in the water just after 6am around the North Arm jetty. Beautiful sunrise and flat calm water but nothing really happening. Orcas rolled through a while later. We headed down to the T-10 marker since lots of boats were picking up from the north arm and heading south. Things were dead around there, except for more of the crazy currents. Headed back to the pack fishing the tide rip closer to the north arm but nothing was happening. Quit around 10am with not even a bite.

This is harder than I thought!

I fished the North Arm yesterday, marked quite a few schools (shallow though, like 4 yrs ago), but no biters. Hopefully things get easier as the days pass.

Well, thats it for us this year. Popped the #5 Cylinder on the opti today. Total bummer with only 34 hours on the rebuild... I'll hit the rivers for the rest of the season to get my fix, its cheaper that way lol.

We went out on Friday night from around 330-7 ish and I went 3 for 4 and my bud went 2 for 8. Just past the north arm towards t 10. Out this morning lines in at around 545. First rod hit before the other side went down but the mainline snapped just before it jumped out of the water. Then the orcas show up so we pack up and head to t10. Again I get my 2 rods down and my bud is trying to drop his side and bang my deep rod is going. We land that guy and I drop my upper rod to that depth and bang again. This time my bud sets his rods before we net that guy. Anyway 5 again with 3 missed hits. Off the water around 930.

Back