O-FISH-ALL 2014 Vancouver, Howe Sound, Sunshine Coast Reports Thread!

Hey Dogbreath, What is a GEWT . Is that something you made ??
Googly Eyed Wild Thing a guy in Port Hardy sells them-easy enough to make yourself if you're so inclined.

http://www.djslures.com/

gs001rs.jpg

Yest slower than day previous. Had a late start due to big wind early am. Fished from 1140 till 630 and managed four sockeye with only one last (thanks to no bananas on the boat)...and a bonus 21lb red spring. Between north arm and t10. Ended with a great orca show for my parents. Happy dad!!!
image.jpg

Yest slower than day previous. Had a late start due to big wind early am. Fished from 1140 till 630 and managed four sockeye with only one last (thanks to no bananas on the boat)...and a bonus 21lb red spring. Between north arm and t10. Ended with a great orca show for my parents. Happy dad!!!
View attachment 13435

About the only thing you haven't got figured out is how to post a picture right side up.;)

I thought your parents might be coming out a bit early but...obviously not. I'm half expecting next time you post, Mom's going to be holding a halibut. Way to go Rob!

Sand heads is in the strait of Georgia not Juan de fuca. You're looking at the wrong forecast.

Sorry guys I posted the wrong forecast. I did see Georgia Strait too and it was the same gale warning from Campbell River to Port Renfrew.
Guess they are just being cautious. Best to look at actual buoy and weather station readings.
Thanks!

Out by the north arm. A bit bumpy but nothing too bad. Got 3 so far since about 330. Lots of boats out here!

Heading out tomorrow am. I will be scanning 88a. If rough water keep a look out for the pricecraft. Taking the risk to catch my bounty. Tight lines

Heading out tomorrow am. I will be scanning 88a. If rough water keep a look out for the pricecraft. Taking the risk to catch my bounty. Tight lines

Me too... I will be launching around 7am from MacDonald Launch by YVR - i will be fishing from my 15ft Inflatable ... Say Hi or make sure I'm okay if it get rough :(

2014-08-08%2019.36.04.jpg

Visited Pacific Angler today pickup some of the 2.5" Pink Double Glow Hoochies and they shared their tip to rig for Sockeye...

2014-08-08%2019.05.04.jpg

Came home and rigged up a wack load of flashers... I thought I had lots and between dummies and the ones on my rods I am all out! 3 are Glow and 3 are UV type. Let's see what works!

2014-08-08%2018.23.20.jpg

Good Luck to all tomorrow! Crossing my fingers for light winds :)

Big drop in the tide and it is supposed to be breezy, take care, will be out as well with Lucky Strikes

Laugh a little every time I post a sideways pic thinking of everyone wrenching their necks to look at it. Next time maybe upside down will be even a little more of a laugh....boats loaded, just have to try and work on the sleep tonight with dreams of what's to come tomorrow.

Me too... I will be launching around 7am from MacDonald Launch by YVR - i will be fishing from my 15ft Inflatable ... Say Hi or make sure I'm okay if it get rough :(

2014-08-08%2019.36.04.jpg

Visited Pacific Angler today pickup some of the 2.5" Pink Double Glow Hoochies and they shared their tip to rig for Sockeye...

2014-08-08%2019.05.04.jpg

Came home and rigged up a wack load of flashers... I thought I had lots and between dummies and the ones on my rods I am all out! 3 are Glow and 3 are UV type. Let's see what works!

2014-08-08%2018.23.20.jpg

Good Luck to all tomorrow! Crossing my fingers for light winds :)

I have a similar set up to you in my grey inflatable polaris. Im a little smaller tho. Hopefully the weather holds up and ill see you out there!

Holy **** that's a lot of flashers goin' on!

We were out today off the North arm. Trolling from about 3pm-6pm. Managed to get one nice sockeye after about an hour on a clipped pink/clear hootchie on about a 28" leader behind a red/silver flasher. We had a green dummy on the downrigger on that side. Tough going!

Saw lots of "fish" on the sounder but couldn't find anything else. The lines released from the clips a few times but we had nothing to show for it.

Back out there tomorrow, lines in the water around 6:30am hopefully.

I have a similar set up to you in my grey inflatable polaris. Im a little smaller tho. Hopefully the weather holds up and ill see you out there!

Remember to keep your boat in gear to keep the dummies from tangling, not to mention, enticing the school your going through to bite after a hook up.

Fished 12 hours today at the north arm with one side fishing for sockeye, the other for Springs. 0/1 until 3pm. Fished both sides for sockeye after 4 and picked up 2 springs at 55 feet on pink squirts. .. 10lb and 8lb. Not a bad consolation prize I suppose.

Newbie here. After going 0 for 0 on Thursday, was able to grind out a few on Friday and went 8 for 10 on sox.
Didn't mark as many fish than previous days, but they're there. Took 5 hours to land the first one and had lines wet for a total of 9 hours.
Good luck today folks...

Been out for an hour and three so far, I hear on the chatter box that there are whales at the mouth

will be out this afternoon fishing the north arm, 1st time out for socks this year. looking at that diagram above you may just wanna spread your 2 fishing lines a WEE bit more than 5' apart, lol, anyone having much success using one dummy per side rather than 2 or 3??

Back