Nootka Sound - Spring and Summer 2012

cell ends after campbell river( around lower campbell lake) Sea ice is at boatland in Campbell and maybe moucha bay too.

Trying to Plan a trip to nootka sound. critter cove's earliest date is Aug 24th is that to late? Mainly interested in catching some springs. Also is there any other places similer to critter cove something on the cheeper side. Basicly just looking for a place to sleep and keep the boat. Flynn cove was also booked I realize im looking pretty late just wondering if someone could help me out a bit?

Critter always has moorage. I just sleep on my boat. Eat at the restaurant. Get coffee and gear there and shower for
Two bucks. Hois point lodge may be able to put you up if you need a room.

When I was there last year, a few rooms came available when people limited early and left.

Alright thanks I know its hard to pin point a date but what time do you guys think is the best time for spring fishing at end of july? critter does have availability in early july and end of august?

I've been there from July 9 through August 18 different dates over different years. I usually find later is better, but, I've heard others say July can be great. I was there Aug 8-12 last year and it was very good. I was there in early July 2009 and it was spotty, but, we caught fish. I'm there this year Aug 13-17 and am hoping fish have fattened up more on Pilchards and we'll see more 4-5 year fish. Large fish. Just my view.

Slack Tide.... that in my opinion is kind of late..... The springs are pretty dark that time of year what is left that is....Hali could be closed by that time this year but that is unknown at this point.....

I will be there at that time. Showing up on the 27th. Still trying to decide to launch at gold river again this year or trailer to cougar.

I am there the last week of july, always seems to work well for me. We always get fish, some years more some less but have yet to be skunked.

We'll be at Nootka Sound Resort on July 8th. Can't wait ! I'm like a six year old kid counting the days to Christmas !

Sent from my iPad when I should be fishing.

Anyone heard how gongshow did...???

Anything new...????

Not much activity on this thread. Anyone been up? We're almost into mid June. Got to be something happening by now.

I don't know but the pic is from one of Moutcha Bay Resort boats from last week

21 days and counting..................we will be there

Attachments

• Moutcha.jpg
    Moutcha.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 224
Some people have been posting Nootka stuff on the Esperanza thread cuz it's a sticky and this isn't.

I'm counting the days. 50 sleeps.

Coming up for 2 spells..on my bro's boat Sophie's Choice for July30-Aug 5 and again Aug 7-10 on my boat - Wet Spot (white 17' Calais with 115 Zuke)...staying at a private place on Bligh Island but mostly fish inside so hope to see some of you at the usual spots....shining up my new Tomic 546 pilchard plug !!

Wet spot.

Back