Moon jelly Lemon Lime flasher

abbyfireguy

Anyone tried the Gibbs Guide Series Moon Jelly Lemon-lime flasher?
Local guides in Vancouver are saying its good. Wonder if it is something that works elsewhere...

Local guides in Vancouver are saying its good. Wonder if it is something that works elsewhere...

I don't see why not. I own one. Haven't fished it as I just stuck with the standard stuff---what was in the flasher bucket but I spoke to 2 guide buddies---probably the ones you were speaking with and they swore by it and slammed a lot of fish on it.

The Oki Midnight Mist and Mystic Green are two newer flashers I used last summer around Vancouver and they worked well and they were developed for use on the WCVI...and the commercial fishermen/guides who developed these reported great results.

I intend to test the Gibbs Pro Guide Series in the next few weeks....being the gear ***** I am....always fun to "see what's next"....I'll bite! ;)

I was speaking to someone @ Pacific Angler he said Gibbs was having trouble producing enough Moon Jelly everything to keep up with demand.

Nikka has lots of that colour tape if you need some.

I used them last summer they work really well. I'm always stuck on the green and chrome but they did out fish the chorme on a regular basis. will try the bon chovy this spring in the glow green a little more.

Can someone please post a picture of this moonjelly flasher? I consider myself a bit of a tackle ***** and every time i have asked a tackle guy about it they give me the wtf you been smokin look :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can someone please post a picture of this moonjelly flasher? I consider myself a bit of a tackle ***** and every time i have asked a tackle guy about it they give me the wtf you been smokin look :)

You won't find them too many places at the moment.

Pacific Angler was nearly sold out when I was last in their store 2 weeks ago and Bonchovy's Pro Shop had stock.

Here's a video detailing the Guide Series Flashers:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FdHr3L_x0bY

I think they are great. I can't believe the light they pic up, looks like they have a set of batteries that make them light up in the water.

Going by the video that fishin' magician posted on Gibbs flashers.:-

I have made up many a flasher in different configs using that bluish U/V tape combined with different colors.

None of them worked.

I had decent results with the O'ki Mystic Green..........and also the O'ki Lemon-Lime.

Last year there was a mini-fad started in Nanaimo.......it was a red flasher with the bluish U/V tape on it......bandied around as a "super hot" Chinook flasher.......tried 'em and they didn't work for me.

If the body itself of a flasher is the blue U/V impregnated ppalstic, I think that is a plus. But the bluish U/V tape hasn't made a believer out of me.

As I said before I kinda don't venture too far from the norm when it comes to flashers.As long as it has good flash and proper swivels..i was cleaning out the tackle box the other day and realized I own just as many Oki flashers as I do Hotspot flashers. Go with what works I guess..:)

If you Guys want something that glows like nothing you ever saw order some of this stuff in Extreme Green Glo paint.

http://www.readysetglo.com/

Then take any old flasher and hit it with a spray bomb -base coat White but anything at all really as long as it's White.

Once it's good & dry go to town painting it with the Glow gunk-it really is gunk more than paint but does it Glow!!!

Easy to charge too.

More White than Green though quite unlike anything else-doesn't stick to everything easily so you have to be careful how it's applied otherwise it will flake off.

As I said the Moon Jelly tape is available @ better tackle stores.

Bought one today Harbour chandlers.

Just picked this one up yesterday
ajapavav.jpg
2y3a3age.jpg

Back