Minutes from The SFAB Main Board Meeting in Richmond

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, you guys are a pleasant bunch. I can assure you that I am not a SS. I don't understand this incestuous need to have my identity known. Maybe we should start a thread that requires all members to post his/her PERSONAL information on the internet before they can post on a PUBLIC forum. What a joke you guys are.

FA - I didn't know you were in the business of looking at guys heaters - if all the other members have let you look at theirs I guess I should oblige or I'm a SS. Looking at my boat isn't going to tell you much as each configuration will be different unless we're running the same boat - I doubt we are. You also told me via PM that you are running (or planning to run) an Espar; mine is a Wallas. If me declining your request has offended, I apologize.

You guys really need something better to do - go fishing. I'm stuck at work and this forum (usually) has productive exchange of info. Now it's a witch hunt.

FA - I didn't know you were in the business of looking at guys heaters - if all the other members have let you look at theirs I guess I should oblige or I'm a SS. Looking at my boat isn't going to tell you much as each configuration will be different unless we're running the same boat - I doubt we are. You also told me via PM that you are running (or planning to run) an Espar; mine is a Wallas. If me declining your request has offended, I apologize.

Your out to lunch. I am not in any business of looking at heaters. You said you were going to sell your on another thread. I contacted you. Your hiding... I have never seen a Wallas heater and asked to see yours. You said NO cause you are afraid I am a friend of GLGs which many local rec fisherman will tell you we are not.

You are unlike other users here. Cause you seem to be something other then a rec fisherman.

When are the minutes that are now 2 days late going to be released?
What's the hold up?
Who's in charge?
Have they not been finalized?

Wow guys where are we going with this?
I know it is not recommended to wade into a dog fight cause you might get bit. Cool your jets a little and think, do we really want this? :)

I must be on acid. PLEASE TELL ME I'M ON ACID!!!

Well Rabbi, you managed to draw me out. For One Post that is. It AIN'T You Buddy!
Rather it's a small cohort of uninformed, finger-pointing malcontents whose inner workings are suspect.
Are You HIGH? does however seem to fit with many of them.

And with that, I am back to self-inflicted exile from this $hit-Storm of a Forum...

Nog

When are the minutes that are now 2 days late going to be released?
What's the hold up?
Who's in charge?
Have they not been finalized?

You got the draft minutes from friends, surely you can get the approved minutes (once approved) from the same friends - unless they've stopped being as friendly. So you can see them and act as you see appropriate.
No one else seems to care, except SD and JoeyB, so share them with those two by PM, that's easy and then all done.

BTW, I am a rec fisherman, thinking about doing some guiding in the future, and 12 halibut up to 60 lbs will be more than enough to last my family through the winter.

My $.02 - there are two ways of looking at the 15/85 - which is the real problem as far as the rec sector is concerned.
Are guides Rec, or Commercial?
Whether or not guides are Rec, the rec sector deserves a higher % because of the $ generated (see recent reports on other threads). Lets say 50%, because of the $ generated.
Now if you remove guides from Rec (as they are a commercial venture) you remove the % relative to the $ generated. So that would shift guides into Commercial, and give them a portion of the Commercial %.
If they stay in Rec, fine, with the Rec at about 50%.
Estimate the Rec catch at the middle of Oct, and as almost all guides and most rec are off the water then allow commercial to use up the rest of the TAC through the end of January?

My dates might not be perfect, people with more knowledge than I can address the specific dates and %s, but it shouldn't be that hard to figure out.

SD - why are you hiding? So you can take pot shots at people while hiding your identity? Most of the rest posting know who the others are, have met them, etc. But you feel the need to hide. Why?

You got the draft minutes from friends, surely you can get the approved minutes (once approved) from the same friends - unless they've stopped being as friendly.

Already read them... Of course I have. But we were told they would be made public 2 days ago... What's the hold up? Maybe they are using a solar powered computer and waiting for the sun to shine.

So you show us a picture of the cockpit and photoshop a zuke in there.... What you cant see is poles, hold and wheel house behind you. Ive seen lots of aluminum commie boats... even with down riggers :D

Should rename this thread to Steel_Dreamin..... This is so stupid wasting time on Skippy.

Cant this thread be about the minutes that have yet to be posted? I guess not

For the record - I did not make this about me. It's sure nice to have friends that measure there stature by the clout they have on a sport fishing forum.

I simply want to know if the 126cm option was put forward by DFO or SFAB.

8 days later since we were told these minutes would be posted and still no minutes...... Pretty Sad

Should it take a month for someone representing the rec. fishermen to post these minutes? I don't think so.

8 days later since we were told these minutes would be posted and still no minutes...... Pretty Sad

Should it take a month for someone representing the rec. fishermen to post these minutes? I don't think so.

They are all volunteers. They fight for our fishing rights. They were stuck between a rock and a hard spot. They can not please everyone.

What's sad is that you and some others refuse to leave this alone. The minutes will come out when they do. It's no surprise that many valuable forum contributors are disappearing.

They are all volunteers. They fight for our fishing rights. They were stuck between a rock and a hard spot. They can not please everyone.

What's sad is that you and some others refuse to leave this alone. The minutes will come out when they do. It's no surprise that many valuable forum contributors are disappearing.

Dave they are already out. They are finalized. Yet no one has posted them for all to share.

As for valuable contributors disappearing it's up to them. This is a forum and I understand it is for reporting and sharing information not hiding it. It's also a place people should be friendly and not attack others when they share information. Seems so many people are getting attacked lately and it is time it stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back