Minutes from The SFAB Main Board Meeting in Richmond

Status
Not open for further replies.
does one have to physically show up in person?, ppl can be considered participants without actually showing up in person physically

Last time I checked, you actually have to be physically present at an officially sanctioned board meeting to be considered present. You might not be an active participant just because you are there however. Is that what you mean?

Steel- Newsflash, Mods can do whatever they want to uphold the integrity of the site. You question their tactics and you run the risk of their wrath. It's a common rule on forums, don't call them out.

So now the mods aren't people and the SFAB is the best thing going for the sport fishing community. Wow, have we ever done a 180.

I don't care about the minutes - all I want to know is who voted what and why. Seems le we have a few people on here that should be speaking up but aren't - I expect this is for a reason.

If everything is so great with the SFAB then why is the SVIAC required?

I dont think anyone should get the boot from this site for expressing their frustration, concern and discontent.....not FA, not Lorne, not Derby, not anyone.....holmes*

Expressing their frustration sure! were all frustrated. posting those minutes was a complete lack of respect and i have lost all respect for fish butt!

The SFAB is an advisory board period. Don't blame the SFAB for advising, blame DFO for not listening. Many good people who have been on the boards over the years have left in frustration and with a sore head from banging it on the wall.

The SFAB has been against the quota deal from the start and ADVISED DFO that the mess we have now would result from this policy. DFO said that was not likely the case and even if many years down the road we ran out of quota they would have a workable transfer system in place. Well only a few years later.....who gave the right advise and who wasn't listening?

The SFAB is an advisory board period. Don't blame the SFAB for advising, blame DFO for not listening. Many good people who have been on the boards over the years have left in frustration and with a sore head from banging it on the wall.

Like myself and my headaches have gone away.
I give huge kudos to those with the patience to stick with it and damn all those that sit on the sidelines and take potshots at them

all I want to know is who voted what and why. Seems le we have a few people on here that should be speaking up but aren't - I expect this is for a reason.

Perhaps the reason is that if they were to come here to discuss what happened at the meeting, like an adult, they would not be extended that same courtesy in return.

No matter how you feel or what you think about me changes anything folks I am a recreational fisherman that hates the process of what is going down here regarding our fishery. I know for certain that the release of these minutes is taking far too long. When 1000’s of people have shared this report over the past few weeks and still the recreational fisherman has not been advised, there is something wrong. When people outside of the boards are getting emailed copies openly it’s time to release it out there to the public. Was that my job? Yes and No. I don’t like there being secrets when it comes to my number one hobby. Did I have the right to post them? No one said I couldn’t. Could there be something still wrong in them minutes? Yes there could be as it just a draft. I gave you all something to read whether you chose to ignore it or bash me for it was my choice to share it. There are members of these boards who know they should have never shared this information because it was going to get circulated. Circulated it has been and many people on this forum I know have copies of it and have had for some time and also shared it with their friends. Volunteers still need to be accountable to whom they represent whether they worked their butts off or not. Some have worked their butts off and I thank them for that. I didn’t think we should be sitting back in our armchairs awaiting a release. Nor did the people sending me this information or the people asking for copies. The amount of emails and phone calls I have gotten from concerned individuals is amazing. Personally I’d love to see the first and last draft and see the changes. Dam I would have love to been a fly on the wall in order to see what didn’t make the minutes. Do you not think that things were said off the record and or were not put in the minutes? Of course thing are left out. For a reason? Maybe, but was it to benefit sport fishermen? There are many things we will never know. Is there nothing more that we can do though then read what we are given and except what we get. HELL NO….

If you are just sitting about waiting to see what we are given this year and say once again that there will be a stop put to it next year so be it. Seems I heard that one before.

Just so you all know that no member of the SFAB or SFAC gave me this info. AGAIN I was NOT asked to post it by anyone it was my own doing and I do it again if I knew it wouldn’t be deleted. But it is the decision of SFBC not to have it posted.

I am willing to share this info with anyone wanting something to read. Or you can wait.

Oh and just so you know there is an ignore setting in your profile if you don’t like reading certain peoples posts. It blocks people posts and messages from your computer. I have added many people to mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
These last two post have got to take the cake on this forum.
I think I've seen it all now and am ready for a time out just like others.
GLG

Edit: What happened to the post that JoeyB had? He must have deleted it.
I'm thinking he noticed that he tripped and better delete it in case someone else saw this. Oh JoeyB where did you go....... I bet your on the other thread.
Wonder what name you have on that one.....
GLG

FA I admire your conviction but as you know I don't agree with you posting the minutes.
That should have been left to SFAB.
Regardless we are all concerned with Halibut this year, it's just some of us are showing it in different ways.
Look forward to fishing on the chuck again and I respect you views.
GLG

FA I admire your conviction but as you know I don't agree with you posting the minutes.
That should have been left to SFAB.
Regardless we are all concerned with Halibut this year, it's just some of us are showing it in different ways.
Look forward to fishing on the chuck again and I respect you views.
GLG

Spoken like a true Gentleman GLG, kudos to you sir!!

Oh, I believe that we had the right to read the draft, it is after all supposed to be work done in our best interest.

I thought about reposting the draft minutes again this morning since the date has come and gone that we were told they'd be ready. Being that we already know the out come of the meeting now and many of us have already read the minutes. Seems like old news. I'd only like to see it in order to see the changes.

Agreed, where's the transparency?

After all, they collectively represent us...

Your one to talk about transparency.... slipper skipper... ah captain...
Called you out .... so why have you not left?
What's your home port?
just leave....

Your one to talk about transparency.... slipper skipper... ah captain...
Called you out .... so why have you not left?
What's your home port?
just leave....

This is becoming quiet silly and childish. If you need to chase me around each thread to try and prove some personal vendetta I feel sorry for you. Must be lonely...

For the record, you have no idea who I am and this rhetoric only reaffirms that fact

Secret squirrel? Is that code for something?
Look your not a Recreational Angler so I'm asking you to leave.
You are a slipper skipper henchmen sent here to disrupt this forum.
If you are not, prove your ID to the community and I will leave you alone.
Simple as that......

I'd agree you are squirrel. Dam you shut me down over your heater cause you believe I am friends with GLG. I have never had any member do that on any forum. Your afraid of a guy with the use of only one arm.

Keep hiding behind a name and that's all you will be is a name. Show you self and be a man. Why hide? Starting to think GLG is right about you Skippy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back