Loggers Derby

Hey Degree shoot me a PM. I am very interested and excited now. Let me know what you need from me gear and $$ wise.

Jeff thanks for the plug. Felix bro let's go local on my rig. Drop some round traps.

cheers

I have fished with Ryan before Dan, he'd fit in fine on your rig for sure!

...alright, but if he turns out to be an a-hole I'll be kickin you in the bag! :)

Ryan, I'll drop you a line in a few days once the details are worked out. My rig's a big step down from your's...hope ya don't mind slummin it for the weekend!

Hey Dan who knows we may drink enough that you want to kick Jeff in the bag either way.... I'll bring a bottle of Patron to tickle the pallet

there is no such thing as slummin when fishing....

I look forward to hearing from you.

Has anyone trailered their boat to Poett Nook lately? How bad are the roads in March?

The road was like a highway on Thursday, but may be terrible by today. It changes every day and you never really know what you are going to get. If the weather is right it has been in pretty decent shape but if not prepare for a long slow trip if you are dragging your boat.

m2b

i usually get to the Nook before most for this , the people that do roll in with there sleds behind them , first thing they say " Never Again "
its the Mud that gets ya , hell of a mess , unless you don't care , or cover it up well ,especially ur motor and leg , go for it ,
Very unpredictable like Ken said , most run up the canal early morning.

Heading over next week to spy on Ken and Jeff , do some more pre - scouting,,,: )

here is a Pole Tag for the Derby ,sent to us by our lovely caretaker , Nadine , thx

2011LoggersDerby.png

later

fd

Ahh uummm I guess if you say so. lol. Now that you have spilled the beer, for those that don't already know it is pretty crazy fishing around here. In fact has been since November. Lots of fish 8 -12 pounds and a few bigger. Lots of shakers at times to, so gently release the future.

There's still a 2 bedroom (4 bed) cabin available at Mills Landing...those of you who have never stayed at Mills during this derby have been missing out on the best part of the weekend!
They offer good rates for the weekend.

Looks like me and the anchor....errr ummm.... I mean 1st mate ;) , are coming up for this. Just finalizing accomidations in the next couple days. So who do I bribe to get a recent fishing report?? Also, I've never shot the canal this early in the year. Apart from debris, hows the conditions in the day? Still blow up all the time?

Last edited by a moderator:
early morning start, always run it before 11.

Ran out to Killdona twice in the last week, and it was good. I think it has to be blowing pretty hard like really hard, Ive asked guys that run it all the time and if your boat is 22' plus your fine.

Back