Lingcod Questions / Help

These look awesome. Do you use the big 400 grammers?
You bet. The 460gr are the perfect weight. When I fish them I drop to bottom and jig fast while reeling up about 40-50' then drop it. Make it look like a darting bait fish. Most hits are when its darting up.

You bet. The 460gr are the perfect weight. When I fish them I drop to bottom and jig fast while reeling up about 40-50' then drop it. Make it look like a darting bait fish. Most hits are when its darting up.
Man I would hate to lose one of those guys. I fish the 6-12 oz megabytes but mostly because I can get two for $14.99 in canadian pesos. Bringing some buddies out for an hour of jigging can cost a pretty penny at times :mad:.
I'd love to give one of these a shot though.

Man I would hate to lose one of those guys. I fish the 6-12 oz megabytes but mostly because I can get two for $14.99 in canadian pesos. Bringing some buddies out for an hour of jigging can cost a pretty penny at times :mad:.
I'd love to give one of these a shot though.

I hear ya. I stopped lending them out unless they committed to the replacement cost. I typically get a couple seasons out of them but do lose one at least once a year...

It's crazy at times how much gear gets lost jigging with buddys..

I hear ya. I stopped lending them out unless they committed to the replacement cost. I typically get a couple seasons out of them but do lose one at least once a year...

It's crazy at times how much gear gets lost jigging with buddys..
I'd love to dive in popular jigging spots and see what's down there

Back