Let's see your Trophy

mr killer

With all the forum members out there fishing everyday, there must be alot of you with trophy sized fish and I want to see them, hopefully we can get some huge fish posted on this thread. Here's mine just got it yesterday 50lb chinook. Now let's see your trophy.
url]

url]

Very nice fish Killer, is that Ucluelet in the background?

P1010186.jpg

not a 50, but im still young;)
anyone care to take a guess at the weight?

p.s RVP the freezer bags we bought from you are too small!

Not a 50 but ill take it :D
402.jpg

or a couple allright slabs
26-36.jpg

It was a 35 lbs white male.
caught out at 20 mile thanks to a poor quality quick release that kept realeasing after 90 feet down. The thing snaps off on me for the 3rd time and i start pulling up the rigger, then my arm is nearly ripped off as my flasher floated up to the surface.
First fish of the trip for me wasnt too bad;)

That's once nice fish, I think white springs seem to have a little more spunk must have been a great fight.

oh yeah i agree with you completely that the whites are scrappier.
it took quite a while to tire him out my reel just kept screaming. It sure was a bonus to get to set the hook when i felt the tug too.

how'd that 50 fight?

Killer,

Topknot, well that is a lot farther north than Ukie.

I guess you must be fishing out of Winter Harbour.

BTW, that is such a clean cromer would be good to mount.

Hey Rob
That fish had some power I saw the rod straighten when the clip popped and I grabbed it right away, it just started peeling line, I have a pretty big spool but I had just cut about 80 feet off because it was chaffed so I was a little worried when I looked down and saw I was getting close to spooled I just kept tightening the drag and we got the boat turned the fish hit at 187 and as soon as it finished it's run it came right to the surface I could see it's huge back and dorsal fin finning along the surface and I just kept realing it in as it got to about 60-70 feet from the boat it started doing these cicles on the top and you could see this was a large fish with a huge back, it sounded one more time when it saw the boat but it was tired and it basically just swam right at us and into the net. Pretty awesome power, got to love those west coast salmon they have power.

oh yeah if you fish ECVI a lot those west coast fish are a helluva treat. Bigger and more of them!

Gotta love seeing the fish swirl at the surface when they're that big. Must have looked like a small whale

Hey Riptide2
You got it, I already fileted the thing and it's at St Jeans getting vaccum sealed I would have liked to have had a replica made or something but I really just wanted to process it properly so that we can eat it.

Back