Leaf Blower

AlK

Thinking about getting a gas powered leaf blower for non-commercial use.
Any recommendations as to what would make and model to get and also what units to avoid.
Thanks

I have a small gas huskavarna. Its my favourite yard tool by far. So many uses including lighting tough to light fires, hovering a soccer ball to mesmerize kids and blowing bubbles lots of bubbles.

I have used just about all the different blowers out there in my job as a gardener/landscaper. You defiantly want a backpack blower if you are going to use it any longer than 20-30 minutes. I prefer one that has a throttle on the blower wand and not one that is just throttle and than the blower wand. The ones that my company has gone with now and for awhile now is the Stihl's. Just make sure you mix your gas right and change the plug and a little SeaFoam now and than and they seam to run for ever. Another one that we have had is the Echo Blower It was good but had the throttle separate and I found that a pain as it would catch on things when blowing in tight places.

Echo. Had one for 11 years. Great machine. Home Depot approx $300. Well worth it for me as my yard is interlocking brick and concrete.

another vote for the Stihl backpack, I have the BR600
great machine!

The STihl backpack is fairly pretty quiet compared to other brands,
I have acreage so you better buy a few brooms and c'mon over

x2 on the Echo. One of the best power tools I own. For the price you can't beat it. Works great for cleaning roofs and gutters as well.

I believe the Stihl are the quietest on the market and that is why your company went the way they did.

i have a br600 magnum here in calgary, I use it for leaves and snow. works great. not that bad for noise my neighbours don't care as i do there sidewalk too. im usually gifted a few bottles a wine a winter season.

Backpack was overkill for my yard, I went with a handheld BG86
I also like Shindaiwa but the older 2 stroke stuff.

X 3 on the Stihl. have owned several other brands. Stihl is my go to for all power tools any more. Yes they are usually more, but worth it down the road

Thank you for all your suggestions and comments. Part of my decision to go with the Echo BP 250 LN leaf blower is based on my positive experience with my Echo grass trimmer that I have used for 15 years with minimal maintenance. This thing has always started even after sitting idle for 4 to 5 months. I have use the leaf blower once it is more than capable to do what I require.

We probably have 15-20 Stihl blowers at work and the only thing that goes wrong with them is the sparkplug and right hand shoulder straps. lol We are very careful on are mix ratios and run sea foam though them once or twice a year and they seam to last quite long. These blowers get use everyday for at least 1-3 hrs every single day unless there is snow. Shoulder strap is just from everyone grabbing the same side to put them on. Just funny it's always the same side. The Echo is also a great blower we had those too, same maintaince and they will last a long time. I just find the hand held blowers get heavy after awhile but for small jobs there fine. I had a Ridgid shop vac that the motor came off and it was a blower. Worked great for small jobs.

Back