I think someone stole my boat?

Jammer

I just got a call, the boat I was storing at a friend's house is no longer there.
It was there at noon, not there now.....

It's an 1800 Glasply, called "Passin' Gas". Has an old Volvo 140 in it.
Nothing of real value in it, the trailer was worth more than the boat.
There was no kicker on it and the prop is painted florescent green.
If you see it, let me know.

Attachments

• Boat.jpg
    Boat.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 1,008
Wow. That's terrible my roof top tent and old pathfinder were stolen last year and I couldn't believe it. What neighbourhood? I'm insuring my boat tomorrow. I thought a hitch, wheel lock and engine lock might be enough but i better wise up.

Throw it up on usedvictoria and see if the zone will share it through their Facebook page.

yeah, not sure why anyone would steal that boat? Parts I guess.
Already on UsedVic.
It was in View Royal by the 6 mile pub.

check with bylaw?
Hadn't thought of that, I figured the police would know if bylaw had towed it.

I'm sure I saw this boat listed for sale on mabe Craigslist? Something to check into though
I have an ad on Craigslist and Used Vic in the "boats for sale" section. Used Vic moved it to Items -Lost.
I'm keeping my eyes open on all the websites looking for either the boat, trailer or parts.

do you owe anyone money?

Seams pretty odd to steal that boat.. No offence what so ever but doesn't look like theres any money to be made off it.. maybe bylaw or someone's not too happy with you for whatever reason.

Did you set it the path of a log barge? or in strong current with too short of a rope? Just kidding. Good luck with your search. I like that hull.

Seams pretty odd to steal that boat.. No offence what so ever but doesn't look like theres any money to be made off it.. maybe bylaw or someone's not too happy with you for whatever reason.

None taken, it's not the boat I'd steal that's for sure!
The only value I could see is in the trailer, had disk brakes and new coupler on it.
I hadn't thought of Bylaw, I'll have to check with them.

If your boat was on the roadway in View Royal, I would check with the city.

When I’ve brought our boat home and it is 90% on the grass in front of our house and the other 10% and the two left side wheels are on the roadway. I have received a warning ticket on the boat that it will be towed if it was not 100% on our property or connect to a vehicle.

The city enforcement guy came by the second time I had the boat at home and we had a talk and he informed me that a lot of people who have licensed trailer leave their boats on the road. They must be connect to the vehicle or on your property and cannot sit there for an extended period of time disconnected from a vehicle. I explained that I only have it there for a couple of days while I load on or off gear and he said that was OK but no long time stay.

I guess one of my neighbors complains to the city every time I bring it home and it is never there for more than 3 days. The parking guy knows me now and will come by to talk fishing or gives it a few days and then comes by and it is gone.

Nice clean little boat. Really hope you find it. I had a boat go missing once. Blew a bearing on the way home from the lake on a Sunday night and had to wait untill Monday after work to get it off the side of the road. Rolled up on Monday and no boat. Worst feeling in the world when you think you've been robbed. Headed home to call the RCs and when I pulled into my driveway there was my old boat. Luckily a friend of mine saw it on the roadside and did the bearing for me and towed it home.

Nice clean little boat. Really hope you find it. I had a boat go missing once. Blew a bearing on the way home from the lake on a Sunday night and had to wait untill Monday after work to get it off the side of the road. Rolled up on Monday and no boat. Worst feeling in the world when you think you've been robbed. Headed home to call the RCs and when I pulled into my driveway there was my old boat. Luckily a friend of mine saw it on the roadside and did the bearing for me and towed it home.

Now THAT is a good buddy :)

You know it. A lifelong friend and one of the best fisherman I know. And one of only two people I know that have pulled a Spring over 50lbs out of Mabel lake. The other guy actually got two over fifty but that was a dozen or more years ago now. Anyway, good luck with the search for your boat.

Back