Hubby's 50th Birthday Present

S

sask girl

My husband's tunring 50 in January, and I'd like to get him a great trip to the coast to do some fishing. My problem, is WHERE and WHEN! He's done lots of fishing in Sask, so that sort of thing isn't what we're looking for. Perhaps salmon fishing? If so, where would be the best location (Campbell River?) and what would would be the best time of year to go to ensure a great catch?

if he doesnt mind sometimes bad weather, winter harbour in early-mid august would be unreal fishing. check out pacifica charters, or quatsino lodge.

Wouldnt Charlottes be the best bet in june july? Tons of fish up there i dont have first hand info so i cant be alot of help sry.

Offshore from Ucluelet/Bamfield. July. Halibut & chinook salmon.
Unforgettable experience for a flatlander, that's for certain.

If you need more info, feel free to Email.

Cheers,
Nog (who has spent many a good time (years) in Saskatchewan, and headed there soon for whitetails shortly now... yet again)

I'm with Clooch. If you want to catch a lot of fish, quality fish,,,Prince Rupert.

As you can tell Sask Gal there's tonnes of choice and anywhere but</u> Campbell River is the place to be in summer.
As long as you have access to the 'outside' as we call the open ocean you should do ok.

Tailspin LOL the guy caught his first halibut with me 3 years ago now hes a guide sorry justin or should I say 2 stroke for all of you that know him there a hidden meaning there right vinnie,bags. ;)

Wolf

I must have seen 10-15 new so called guides this year at Sooke. Every guy and his dog with a new boat is suddenly a guide. Most of the time i see them out there by themselves. It's bad enough we have to put up with the old guides meaning they have there heads so far up there butts. There are probably only half a dozen guys on the whole island i would consider giving a dime to take me out !!!

Tournament Proven !

Fins dont talk like that towards Rollie!!!!!!!! but I do know what you mean very busy out there one guy I saw who was a new charter guy who like you said fished by himself blond haired kid when he finally got a fish he was so excited about a 20 lber. Thats after seeing him fish for over a week without a fish doesnt really represent our industry when you have newbies out there guiding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolf

Wolf pull your head outta the gutter, 20 years of fishing Sooke and four months a year living on the water guiding in georgia strait has taught me nothing??? Tell me i hav'nt represented the industy !!! Ya!!! im the newb........

Wolf and Fish-n-Skins, I happen to be one of those ‘old’ guides you may be referring to. Pretty pathetic, not only are you hacking the new guides, but also the old ones. I often read the posts on the sportfishingbc.com discussion group with my afternoon coffee and this is definitely the first time I have felt I need to defend the industry. If anyone does a poor job of representing our industry, it is definitely you. You can’t be that great of a guide, if you feel threatened by an up-and-comer. I suppose both of you started out somewhere. Good on ya, to the blond haired kid who is enjoying the water and enthusiastic about everything he catches. The last time I checked it's a free Country. If someone wants to get out in their boat to fish because they love the water, who says they have to have a charter? I would much rather go out with a guide who loves the water, than a guide who is in it to make a buck. Or is it because you can't afford to fish if you don't have a charter???? Your jealousy only shows your insecurities. Do we have a couple of green-eyed monsters???

Good to have you on board Walter. Didn't mean too offend some and i mean some of the good guides out there. It must be hard for a new guy to hold out his hand at the end of the day and collect $500-$600 a day for no fish ??? As for Rollie don't even get me started. BTW i am not a guide.

Tournament Proven !

Maddog i wasnt refering to you at all so grow up LOL but your still a newb!!!!!!call me later.....

Walter I respect what you say and trust me I do not feel threatend at all, Did i say anything about the older guides Look back on the post NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I respect Some of the older guides some have been doing it a lot longer then I have so they will always have mine.

The fact that I am stating is these up and coming so called charters/guides who hardly ever catch salmon and figure for a quick buck thell slap a charter name up on a boat and take people out basically for a boat ride. And because people dont know they go with the lowest price and like most things in life you get what you pay for.it only hurt our industry because when the people go home and say they didnt catch fish and the guide didnt know what he was doing we ALL get labeled you have to look at the big picture if the people catch fish and go home happy and tell all there friends about it it only means more business for everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOLF

Sask girl;

I could give you some referances that live in Saskatoon, Medicine Hat, Calgary and Edmonton. Chances are that I wouldn't be able to do the charter myself but instead refer you to a like-minded guy such as I. If you're interested just drop me an e. Thanks.

Btw: West coast island could prove nice but there is BIG water to deal with.....Being seasick just plain SUCKS!.

Good luck!

Some like it rough...
Others just puke!.

Mr. Dean

Paul kept it he has way better use of it than me he'll use it mostly up at cowie lake at the family cabin and doing some local prawning couldnt have had happened to a nicer guy

Wolf

Back