Fishing Excursion for Honeymoon?

If you have time/ funds try the Fraser its cool to catch a big sturgeon and the scenery can be great especially if you are here anyways. You can even mention that you would like to get off the beaten path ; upstream from Hope is cool. Don't get me wrong ocean fishing is great and I've done it for over 40 years but catching a 6 foot long fish (or bigger) that jumps is wild . There should be options for chum salmon and trout if other salmon is not open. Just a comment.

If you have time/ funds try the Fraser its cool to catch a big sturgeon and the scenery can be great especially if you are here anyways. You can even mention that you would like to get off the beaten path ; upstream from Hope is cool. Don't get me wrong ocean fishing is great and I've done it for over 40 years but catching a 6 foot long fish (or bigger) that jumps is wild . There should be options for chum salmon and trout if other salmon is not open. Just a comment.
So true, it's definitely becoming hard to decide and it's starting to seem like the only option is doing both

I just spoke to a different charter and they mentioned that salmon is not open on the Fraser right now and they don't expect it to open up at all this year.... can anyone confirm this?

Thanks for mentioning the tackle company! Some of those jigs look like they would be unreal for lake trout here I think I'll have to order a few
They were talking about Sockeye salmon not opening. The Chinook salmon (which are the ones you want to catch) will be open starting Sept 1st

I just spoke to a different charter and they mentioned that salmon is not open on the Fraser right now and they don't expect it to open up at all this year.... can anyone confirm this?

Thanks for mentioning the tackle company! Some of those jigs look like they would be unreal for lake trout here I think I'll have to order a few
Sturgeon is open and salmon on the individual rivers like Vedder, Chehalis, Dewdney, and Harrison. I’d have too double check all those rivers, but Fraser is definitely closed.

My wife and I just got back from Tofino for our 10 year anniversary. Great fishing (four double headers) caught springs, coho, lings and halibut. The beaches feel like your in the tropics, the wickininish inn has a very romantic restaurant hanging over the surf. The town is nice (wolf in the fog was another amazing restaurant). Lots of crab there too. Also there are natural hot springs 25 miles up the coast with an incredible 1.8 km board walk through the rain forest. If you hit it at high tide the ocean water rushes in to lower pool (very nice) also a 50 degree waterfall!! If your on island long beach is a must see. Fish the mornings and surf afternoons. Tofino would be a definite honeymoon destination for my wife and I…..

My wife and I just got back from Tofino for our 10 year anniversary. Great fishing (four double headers) caught springs, coho, lings and halibut. The beaches feel like your in the tropics, the wickininish inn has a very romantic restaurant hanging over the surf. The town is nice (wolf in the fog was another amazing restaurant). Lots of crab there too. Also there are natural hot springs 25 miles up the coast with an incredible 1.8 km board walk through the rain forest. If you hit it at high tide the ocean water rushes in to lower pool (very nice) also a 50 degree waterfall!! If your on island long beach is a must see. Fish the mornings and surf afternoons. Tofino would be a definite honeymoon destination for my wife and I…..
By the looks of your profile pic, you have no idea what a good time is. :oops:

In Tofino I would definitely recommend trying to get in for dinner or lunch at the Wikinnish, spendy $50 a plate. Also Roar at hotel Z. Middle Beach lodge is very affordable if you are on a budget and include a great breakfast. If there continues to be no rain you might do well for springs and coho in Tofino. In Victoria you can go for Salmon and halibut same day and the seasickness is more reasonable.

Enjoy the honeymoon because it comes to an end!

If it was me, coming all this way, I would put sturgeon at the top of the list....you never know when you are getting back this way!

A fight of a lifetime when you hook a 7'+ dino....... Multiple fish and your hands don't work well the next day!:cool:

"you never know when you are getting back this way!"

Trust me if you come all this way, you'll be back to the west coast. It is one of the most beautiful places in the world.

Just back from Tofino and it was HOT and sunny. Some of the warmest temps I have experienced there in the summer especially on the inlet side.

If you want to see the beauty of the west coast and don’t mind puting in the driving time I would take Caspers advise. Check out Victoria harbour and do a half day charter in Sooke. Coho fishing will be great at that time and you don’t need to worry about getting sea sick there. Then do the renfrew to cowichan drive. Spend a night in Port Renfrew. Recommend Staying at Wild Renfrew. Time a low tide to walk botanical beach. It will be like nothing you have ever seen. Then head up to tofino.
Surgeon fishing is on my bucket list but if I were coming from Manitoba I would be making the ocean my main target.

hotel or not (based on timing) in port alberni, catch the francis barkley out to bam, stay at mckay bay, do a charter from them and make time (20 mins) to walk to brady beach. return of francis barkley. mckay all inclusive, sans alcohol.

Back