hrs. on 200-250 hp. outboards

X 2 Hourston - been running Zukes since 2006. Love them. Yes, chain drive makes a big difference. Fuel system is easy to trouble shoot, especially if you have any water in fuel issues from crap suppliers. I change my oil every 100 hours and impellers each season.

Profisher, thanks for the info. That is a completely differant story than I was told .
Nice to know. I think i'm going to drop the bottom end and have a look.
Thanks again
Dan

X 2 Hourston - been running Zukes since 2006. Love them. Yes, chain drive makes a big difference. Fuel system is easy to trouble shoot, especially if you have any water in fuel issues from crap suppliers. I change my oil every 100 hours and impellers each season.

X3 - 2007 Suzuki 225 with over 700 hours, regular maintenance including 100 hour oil and filter changes, internal zincs, t-stats, etc. Clean as a whistle and zero issues of any kind.
Talking on the dock I often hear -"I didn't know that motor was idling!"

Some of the Suzuki's have had problems too...head gaskets and seized drive shafts preventing dropping the gearcase to change a water pump to name a couple.

Not to worry you sculpin but there was a picture of a Honda 225hp that had the same corrosion issues posted on hear or the hull truth. I have a 2004 Mercury saltwater which is a Yamaha, I am fear full I will fall fait to these issues.

Back