Hot stock tips

Yeah but on the flip side you can’t claim any losses in it.

Similar as an rrsp...the idea being make the money in the tfsa, let it accumulate and then folks will return that into the economy. But if someone hits an epic win, they are in an unreal position to really feel the potential torque in a tfsa, likely unintended when it was originally implemented.

Its been quite interesting to watch gme and now the others that are popping 100-300% in a day. I would participate a bit if we didn't get screwed here in canada on the cost of trades. I think the zero commissions are adding to the situation where you can buy one share at a time endlessly and not pay anything. The average $10 per trade here is beyond a rip off, and looking into wealthtrade it looks like it ends up being more expensive unless your planning on making lots of trades a day.

HSBC is $6.88 per trade for Canada and US stocks / ETFs (vs $10 at TD for Can/US trades). Goes down to $4.88 if you have over 150 trades per quarter. If you have a US$ trading account (any online broker will open one for you) you can convert CAD to USD at the spot price via a trade call the Norbert's Gambit to eliminate the spread the bank would normally take on an FX conversion.

$10 a trade is pretty reasonable. Less than 15 years ago the standard was $20 to trade online. And a full service brokerage still costs $100 or more per trade.

Last edited:
Whelp my limit hit at 400 for half and then shortly after my stop hit at 250. Stop hit on AMC right away. No pod for me lol. Oh well that was fun.

Guy at my buddies work bought $10,000 AMC shares this morning and is wanting to buy more. Can’t fix stupid.

Everyone get back to work. The fun is over

Gme is making a come back, don't kiss that pod goodbye yet, rc haha. Man the high frequency guys must be killing it on this thing.

Yeah more manipulating fighting back for the institutions, personally I don’t think it’s right that brokers are limiting how much you can trade the stocks pretty wrong if you ask me.

they are trying to get the stock price down before Friday and calling all there buddies on Wall Street to get it done.

Gme is making a come back, don't kiss that pod goodbye yet, rc haha. Man the high frequency guys must be killing it on this thing.
This thing is FAR from over. The real action is yet to come when all the in the money calls expire tomorrow.
And - Robinhood and others in the US were not allowing buying this AM only selling. Think about that for a minute. I bought the dip.
This is a war

Yeah more manipulating fighting back for the institutions, personally I don’t think it’s right that brokers are limiting how much you can trade the stocks pretty wrong if you ask me.

they are trying to get the stock price down before Friday and calling all there buddies on Wall Street to get it done.

The hypocrisy is amazing. I really hope this is used like canary in the coal mine to get some more regulation on wall street. The hedge funds act with no fear of punishment.

Robinhood already hit with lawsuits:

Back