Hot stock tips

The vast majority of what I own is pretty boring: big ETFs, AMZN, AAPL, BA, GD. They've all made me lots of money. Or, lots relative to some things: I didn't really take a serious interest in it until about two years ago and my mortgage is still bigger than my trading account. But it's got more than two years of my day job salary in it now, so I'm doing all right.

Still I'm mostly quite conservative. I bought big in the COVID meltdown last year, that was the single biggest move I have made and obviously that paid off for anyone who did it.

But as I said in the GME thread, if I see volatility that I think is trending upward and having a social media blowup, I'll set limits and jump in and out really quickly with a smaller bet. I'm pretty tied up with other stuff mentally at the moment so I didn't get in on GME but when BNGO was having a big of a feeding frenzy a couple of weeks ago, that was the one I bit on and pulled out some cash.

I'm currently in on RKT, which is a mortgage service that I keep hearing about. They were skipping along at about $18 for a while there so I got in, today they're up around $25. But I think I will treat it as a long play. American mortgage brokers keep mentioning it to me as the future of mortgages. I'm not in super deep, but if it blows up, that'd be all right for me.

Anyone planning to use some play money to short GME on the way back down? Long-term price “target” is still less than $12 and its well over $300 this am. I shi! the bed on this one, was ready to put some play $$$’s in a couple days ago but opted out. Oh well, didn’t really need that new Bronco anyway, lol.

Cheers!

Ukee

Black Swan investor. 1999, 2001, 2008, 2020. Ears to the ground, lookout for life altering events. KEEP OUT of businesses that can go bankrupt, trade banks and don't be greedy when she comes to rally. The rest of the time, the system is a zero sum game with people and programs (bots) that are alot smarter than you. Invest what you can afford to lose. If you've heard of the next "big" tech stock, your late to the party. Only exception to these rules are long term (5yrs+) investors. Naturally a company wants to make money, naturally a company's stock wants to go higher. This takes time and needs discipline to ride out the good, the bad and the ugly.

Wealth Simple - No commission trades
Robin hood (US) - No commission trades

Last edited:
"One of the two major investors that surrendered, Citron Research, acknowledged Wednesday in a YouTube video that it unwound the majority of its bet that GameStop stock would fall. Andrew Left, who runs Citron, said it took "a loss, 100%" to do so, but that does not change his view that GameStop is a loser."

GME powered by musk...I wonder how wall street is going to treat Elon going forward. Not that it seems to matter, reddit to the rescue. Those posters are in a frenzy and have exposed themselves to full on MM as a big FU to the street. Gme stock is being moved to a 100% margin play in the accounts haha.

Anyway this sort of thing here, and with all the big shorts, is sure going to cause a good sell off in general. Steady hand over the next while as the correction is upon us.

is sure going to cause a good sell off in general.

"Reddit stock frenzy 'a sign of frothiness' in market fringes: CIBC's Dodig"

"Dodig said in an interview taped on Tuesday that the recent run-up has been caused by frenzied retail investors pouring into companies with significant short interest and is not having much of an effect on the bank. However, he noted that much of that trade originated from cheap money that came from stimulus funding and low-interest rates. "

GME has a short interest in excess of total shares. This is a regulation problem. Should be illegal to short when you don't have an underlying interest. Having a short interest in excess of 100% is just illogical.

VEQT. 100% equity index fund, MER of %.25 . Long term position (20-30years), free to purchase on Questrade, adding to position every two weeks. Zero timing, just regular contributions, let time in the market do its thing. Done and done.

A short is just a bet, someone has to be on the other side of that bet. Often institutions and apparently they are charging as much as 30% to 80% fees right now to short it.

With an 80% fee to short it it's hardly worth it in my opinion.

A short is just a bet, someone has to be on the other side of that bet. Often institutions and apparently they are charging as much as 30% to 80% fees right now to short it.

With an 80% fee to short it it's hardly worth it in my opinion.

Yes, and I don't think gambling should be part of public markets. Its how people lose trust in them. Just my thoughts. I am not exactly sure on the mechanics of it when the large hedge funds are doing the shorting either.

looks like the wall street swamp is QQing lol

*NASDAQ PRESIDENT ADENA FRIEDMAN SAYS WE MONITOR SOCIAL MEDIA CHATTER AND WILL HALT STOCK IF WE MATCH CHATTER WITH UNUSUAL ACTIVITY IN STOCKS - CNBC $GME $AMC $BB $NOK

Well $NOK had an interesting pop today. I sold half my stake today and am now playing with 75% house money, We will see where this goes from here.

Back