Help Finding a Grady 282

Is the newer hull 2005 and up rated for 600hp? I know some guys will just send it with over hp on a hull rated for 500hp in engines which is what I believe the 2001 is rated for.
That's a good question. I should look up the rating. I was Jerry's at Mills Landing in Bamfield. He has a 99 272 with a couple 300 Zukes. Didn't seem stern heavy at all. Really impressive when he hit the gas. I assumed 600 was the max hp cause that's what he was running.

200's are probably a bit light. They came stock with 225's for the most part. Some guys will put 300's on them.
Yeah and the 225s of 2004 were essentially the 250. Now a 200 is really a juiced 150. 3.5l v6 vs 2.7/2.8 I4. There's more to it than 25hp

Recent price drop on this one. Boat has a lot going for it. The hours are a bit concerning. Still haven't really wrapped my mind around how long they should last. Some guys say 5000 hrs... are trolling hours worse than cruising hrs... The bait tank is a problem as well. Not sure what kind of repair is involved to get the deck back to square one once removed. The owner wasn't sure what kind of holes are underneath.

Recent price drop on this one. Boat has a lot going for it. The hours are a bit concerning. Still haven't really wrapped my mind around how long they should last. Some guys say 5000 hrs... are trolling hours worse than cruising hrs... The bait tank is a problem as well. Not sure what kind of repair is involved to get the deck back to square one once removed. The owner wasn't sure what kind of holes are underneath.
Not sure of the Grady sailfish but my wellcraft had the bait tank, It was just a trough hull under the boat with a ball valve and an aerator pump, from there another discharge hose to a trough hull on the side, took everything off and just capped it at both locations, the tank is being used for storage now

That's kind of what I'd expect here. What kind of caps did you use? I was think maybe a inspection port would do the trick.

That's kind of what I'd expect here. What kind of caps did you use? I was think maybe an inspection port would do the trick.
I just removed the ball valve and put a brass end cap, goop the treads with 5200, the discharge hose I used for a back up bilge pump, my surveyor took a look at it lol, said all good, the only thing he did not like was only one hose clamp on a hose after a ball valve from my head pump, notes on that, double clamps on anything coming from a trough hull under the boat

I just removed the ball valve and put a brass end cap, goop the treads with 5200, the discharge hose I used for a back up bilge pump, my surveyor took a look at it lol, said all good, the only thing he did not like was only one hose clamp on a hose after a ball valve from my head pump, notes on that, double clamps on anything coming from a trough hull under the boat
Yeah. That makes sense. What about where the hoses came through the deck into the tank? Must have been a couple 2" holes in the dance floor?

Yeah. That makes sense. What about where the hoses came through the deck into the tank? Must have been a couple 2" holes in the dance floor?
Ya I just pulled the hose out and left the fittings, but mine was inside the transom bulkhead in the middle so nothing to see

Back