Gunnel led lights

I installed my led strips lastnight , as i suspected even the 3M sticky tape is no match for the moist environment here in the coast , going to try maybe a dab or two of sikaflex to hold them in place , get a picture tonight but i can tell you they are kick butt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I installed my led strips lastnight , as i suspected even the 3M sticky tape is no match for the moist environment here in the coast , going to try maybe a dab or two of sikaflex to hold them in place , get a picture tonight but i can tell you they are kick butt!

I mounted mine on 3/4" aluminium strips and zap strapped them about every foot for good measure just in case the tape did give out. Then screwed the strip up under the gunnel. It's worked well so far for 3 years now.

I just used zipties with stainless screws, ran about3 or 4 down each gunnel , pretty sure i have enough light in the boat ..lol
5b84e7d83b5d9e51092dbadcdab5fbf7.jpg

Looking good Jeff, yah I think you might have enough light with those. Did you end up putting them on a dimmer switch or just a toggle.

Looking good Jeff, yah I think you might have enough light with those. Did you end up putting them on a dimmer switch or just a toggle.

Just on the toggle for now,, someone mentioned to me that i can get a motion sensor to trigger them for security

Back