Gunnel led lights

Anyone know where a guy could buy a remote for led tape lighting?

Don't dim them as you may not meet min. Loading and they might flicker.

These are what I have. Dim, strobe, change colors while dimming and strobing. You name it. It's got it.

8F3D76E9-A876-4886-A2AE-284F22DFF652_zps93t4rlsl.jpg

Ya, them are groovy , i like how they came with the dimmer and remote, but will one remote dim both strips?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well they showed up today, they are going to light up the boat pretty good,,i have enough length to go from under the dash to the back of the gunnel pockets
34d4cb4eafb79fd6436bc84b5b159a1b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Slick man, thats a nice Sternlight, are them LED's 3528 or 5050? And how does the whole IP rating thing work? Mine are only IP 65., just googled this
5c18f824a9e4d8036ad4e06c907b8f3c.jpg

Says they are 3528 and i have no idea what that means lol. IP 68 is a waterproof rating and again In just winging it.

Slick man, thats a nice Sternlight, are them LED's 3528 or 5050? And how does the whole IP rating thing work? Mine are only IP 65., just googled this
5c18f824a9e4d8036ad4e06c907b8f3c.jpg

IP 68 is made up thing. .IP67 test is I believe if I remember when I used to do immersion testing in engineering 1 hour for 3 meters. Maybe spec changed but what we always did when we designed with LED's...IP68 means you went above IP67 that is all. Most manufcaturers go like a minute beyond the IP67 test most of time.. In China I question it myself seems like I always beat those guys up asking what there test specs were?. It was really a sales and marketing thing... I remember IP65 rating was more of a dust spec.... It doesn't protect against water immersion... If you are really worried you can conformal coat the electrical board/strips..I wouldn't myself its not like these are big bucks..when they fail replace them.

BTW How is going with this Jeff?

Just been waiting on some better weather to put them in as i have no boat shelter ,
b6699eb2d0d2f4962554a3330413a24a.jpg
might giver a go today, was also thinking of getting the flexible u shaped channel to house them in for better protection , but being under the gunnels i think they might be fine with just some zipties.

IP rating is the Ingress Protection rating of a device and is the Canadian Electrical code book. The chart that you posted Jeff is the same for the code book and is definitely a valid rating reference.......for what its worth....lol Cool Lights......they look good!

Slightly off topic, but I just installed some LED Nav lights. Got tired of changing bulbs after a few off shore runs. When I flashed up the new LED's it was amazing how bright there are. What a difference.

You bet , i was looking at them , just going to upgrade the bulbs in new navlights i bought to led i think .

Harbour chandler has some really nice low profile stainless LED Nav lights...they were like eye candy, so I couldn't resist them. Once I had them installed I was totally impressed with how bright they are in comparison to the old bulb jobs. I went out to the man-cave at night and flashed up the navi's and it lights up the shop big time. Go for it, you will like them. :cool:

I was able to just change the bulbs in my existing NAV lights. Huge difference. The red and green are actually red and green LED's so not just white shining through a colored lens.
So much cooler too. The lens with the old bulbs got extremely hot.
Not to mention you go from 10 watts to 1 to 2 watts of power. Leaving the anchor light on all night has really no effect on the battery.
I did all my cabin lights bulbs too. Highly recommended upgrade

I might do the later as i just replaced the navlights on the boat to newer bulb jobs, the led are expensive too.

Back