Glow Purple Flashers......

Seafever

This flasher is purported to be hot at times....

I've looked around and the only one I can find that glows purple (body) was made by O'ki.
But it is no longer on their flasher line-up online.

There are flashers around that have a purple body with a strip of glow tape on them.....

Not quite the same thing.......but I guess it comes under the "glow purple" definition.

If you are running a "glow purple" flasher.....could you post a pic of it?

Want to see which one or ones it is.......

i have run the transparent purple with glow stripe you speak of a number of times, and the model without the glow even more...have yet to hit a fish on them...I keep trying them because they sure look fishy...purple with a full glow side would be interesting

Hotspot still list the #181 purple glow on their website ?

HC11G-181%20Glow%20Purple.jpg

One of my go to's. Either glow or chrome finish....if chrome is working I use them as I have a bunch. I noticed yesterday my purp glow are pretty much beaten up and I need to grab a few more.

R.S. Craven.......maybe I missed that one.......at a glance it doesn't look purple to me.....it looks more like wine red.

I thought a glow purple was more like a royal purple....like the purple stripe they use on a purple haze teaser head.....

you can call Ok'I direct and try and pinpoint the flasher in question. Likely they would give you a model # and direct you to one of their retailers and you can buy the flasher through the retail. The only catch is, you will have to buy a box of 12 flashers at likely up to $20 each.

F.B.....I actually did contact O'ki about it........they weren't much help. They referred me to a completely different flasher in the UV section.

I know they made this glow purple flasher because Supertackle advertises for it sale currently on his online website.
It was called a glow Purple Cop Car. And it is royal purple.
But you can't find it on Oki's current flasher listings.....so I don't know where Supertackle gets his stock from.
Maybe I should p.m. him and ask him.
If I buy one online from him I have to pay shipping.

F.B.....I actually did contact O'ki about it........they weren't much help. They referred me to a completely different flasher in the UV section.

I know they made this glow purple flasher because Supertackle advertises for it sale currently on his online website.
But you can't find it on Oki's current flasher listings.....so I don't know where Supertackle gets his stock from.

The purple with glow stripe is the Purple Onion. On overcast or foggy days for westcoast beach slab fishing, hard to beat IMO.

I have a Purple Onion.........I have it in my hand right now looking at it.....and it isn't purple.

It's more bluish than anything......when you look at it a certain way the stripe is purple like on a Purple haze and it has a goldish reflection on the sides....but when you hold it up to the light......

003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked up 6 Hot Spot Purple glows from Trotac today. Best place to buy flashers as they only sell the commercial grade which have BB swivels on both ends.

O'Ki flashers are all custom made to order.
Their catalogue is a guideline to what is available to the wholesalers.
A blade size and type will have a choice of tape type and a color scheme.

Jelly Fish (JF) blades are Ultra Violet transparent
A tone of color designates the tint of the UV plastic (ie JF Yellow)
A black light will show you the tone.

Magna Glow blades are opaque white plastic which glow in the dark.

Betsy is a name given to blade with a sacrificial electro plated coating that gives off a small change of electricity in salt water.
Gold and silver Betsy are both sacrificial and come with warnings of designed corrosion.

There are other blade types but those are the basics.

1BB is sport and 2BB are commercial.
This refers to ball bearing swivels, the commercial guys want one on either end because a regular swivel will wear through after many hours of use.

The O'Ki is ordered by blade type, tape type and color scheme.
Calculating all the options there are hundreds or thousands of custom products.

So if you want a custom flasher or an exact copy of a previous purchase, it is still possible to custom order a dozen of one type.
Usually takes 3 months.
You will need to know:
Blade type & tone, tape type on one or both sides, and a color scheme such as a painted purple stripe, 1bb or 2bb.

I believe the other fellow that mention the Purple Onion would be correct.

I have a Purple Onion.........I have it in my hand right now looking at it.....and it isn't purple.

It's more bluish than anything......when you look at it a certain way the stripe is purple like on a Purple haze and it has a goldish reflection on the sides....but when you hold it up to the light......

View attachment 7330
Look at it under a black light. Ultra Violet is the spectrum of light that fish partial see in. You can buy a black light at Harbour Chandler.

image.jpg I have this one still in package matches the second pic in the eBay ad pm me you can have it for free I've never used it can't convince me to change from purple haze or gold and silver betsys

Sorry pic was upside down tilting it against light is showing some purple in the black stripe

Back