Found at sea

Went to Cosco and bought the biggest cooler they had. It` about 4 ft long. Tied it on the swim grid and took off from Rocky Point heading for the Cap. About half way between the second narrows and the lions gate saw something large and white floating towards south shore. It turned out to be the exact same cooler I had just bought that morning. Now have 2 of them.

saw something brown and white in the distance went over and discovered a headlesscow lotsa scotchman usual floatsstillattachedto jammed on botom with amweican commercial crabtraps on the endplus bangeduplocal sportie trapshalf of a garage with door still onita nice fairly new kayak that i woulda liked to have keptbut traced down the ownerwho forgot the tide would come in and float it away.

Another beer or two..

We need to get THE LAW on this discussion he found something really interesting this summer off cape beale.

quote:Originally posted by Tofinoguy

quote:Originally posted by Derby

Hey Tofinoguy,
How about the guy we know that ran out of gas between Vancouver & Active Pass many moon ago and the 5 gallon gas can floated up to his boat!He was able to make it over and fish the flood tide @ Active Pass.
I believe this is one of best I have ever heard- would not have believed myself except a good friend was on the boat.
:D
Yeah Derby........ i still tell that story whenever the subject of big luck comes up. I had a few go 'rounds with him similar to that story. He really was the captain of disaster. [:eek:)]

quote:Originally posted by Tofinoguy

quote:Originally posted by Derby

Hey Tofinoguy,
How about the guy we know that ran out of gas between Vancouver & Active Pass many moon ago and the 5 gallon gas can floated up to his boat!He was able to make it over and fish the flood tide @ Active Pass.
I believe this is one of best I have ever heard- would not have believed myself except a good friend was on the boat.
:D
Yeah Derby........ i still tell that story whenever the subject of big luck comes up. I had a few go 'rounds with him similar to that story. He really was the captain of disaster. [:eek:)]
I also have seen this fellow under tow by a 12 foot aluminum, same reason out of gas!!!

Yes
It could be another adventure of this particular guy-He had some of the worst & best luck known to man-He is always good for a story and a great laugh.
[:p]

Nobody found any feet in running shoes?? [}:)]

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

WOW that sends a chill down ones spine!!!!!spooky.

Wolf

quote:Originally posted by Cuba Libre

Nobody found any feet in running shoes?? [}:)]

LOL! Nope, not found...
But this past spring, we had the occasion to eat a nice leg of lamb on the troller. I looked hard at the left over leg bone, then had a thought...
I had just acquired a new set of deck boots, as my old ones were finally worn out. Took the leg bone, wrapped one end tightly with burlap, put a sock over that and wedged it firmed into the boot. With the bone sticking out above the sock, it looked very much like the real thing. The next day we were running by Long Beach. Took a moment, and let the boot and it's freight swim. And swim it did, riding the waves just like a duck, and wandering towards the beach. :D

Still wonder who found it (or if it was ever found) and what their thoughts were at the time! [}:)]

Cheers,
Nog

Originally posted by esora

Out the other day and was disgusted at the crap left by some, I collected..

2 bait packages
3 cans
1 propane bottle
1 Black garbage bag ( saved someones motor)

X2
Shure would be nice if people took there garbage home. Was trolling the tide line on the backside of bowen last monday.(couple shakers only)Picked up a rope in the kicker prop.(engine stopped dead) Fired up the big motor to avert fish line disaster, my rod went nuts. Reeled things in to find the hugest clear plastic landscaping bag rapped around my downrigger line & someones chitbag hung up on my flasher. Wasn't impressed. Said **** on it and headed home.

Good find was when I had just brought home 12 55gal plastic drums and was about to go shopping for lumber to build myself a wharf. Dropped off the last of the barrels in the morning and headed out fishing for the afternoon. Just hit open water and shure as chit there was a 30ftx8ft storebought cement wharf just floating along. Hooked up and towed it home,tied it to my bouy, called the cops,coastgaurd and receiver of recks reporting it as salvaged. Never got claimed, put down proper anchors and the rest is history. Priced out at $12000 for a new one.(this wasn't new but still a great day fishing)

I'm setting my priorities. I'm making time for fishing.

I found a 12.5 foot Zodica with a ceneter counsel floating. Turned on the VHF and 2 hours later heard a mad cry some sail boater lost it. He said he never turns around to check behind hm because he goes so slow.

Back