Found at sea

scott craven

I seem to find a lot of stuff while fishing on the big pond...
some to date include,

1) Floats of every size and description, incl a couple near
new scotchmen.
2) numerous crab traps ranging from poor to new condition.
3) a prawn trap
4) a $20 bill
5) paddles
6) an 8' dinghy

I'm sure there's a other stuff that i've forgotten about, anybody else ?

My best score to date was a tackle box full of gear and about 100 yds down was a rubber made tote that was stuffed with hali gear almost everything I use spreader bars etc figured about 300 bucks worth of stuff in new condition its almost all gone now but that was about 6 yrs ago. and like you lots and lots of floats 2 60 inch scottsman (jimbob) inhereted one of them LOL

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Out the other day and was disgusted at the crap left by some, I collected..

2 bait packages
3 cans
1 propane bottle
1 Black garbage bag ( saved someones motor)

Esora

One of my more interesting finds: out trolling on my birthday a few years back, and kept seeing a flash from something shiny in the water. Trolled over towards it and my buddy scooped it up in the net, a Happy Birthday balloon [?]:D

A nylon fighting chair with rod cup and upholstery floating 15 miles offshore

Did you have to un-harness the guy in the chair?

The worst day fishing is better than the best day working...

Hey Tofinoguy,
How about the guy we know that ran out of gas between Vancouver & Active Pass many moon ago and the 5 gallon gas can floated up to his boat!He was able to make it over and fish the flood tide @ Active Pass.
I believe this is one of best I have ever heard- would not have believed myself except a good friend was on the boat.
:D

quote:Originally posted by Derby

Hey Tofinoguy,
How about the guy we know that ran out of gas between Vancouver & Active Pass many moon ago and the 5 gallon gas can floated up to his boat!He was able to make it over and fish the flood tide @ Active Pass.
I believe this is one of best I have ever heard- would not have believed myself except a good friend was on the boat.

now thats a story [:0]

Two come to mind:

I had been searching for an inexpensive half-tote, but the prices were scary. Out with clients (Americans) one day, and one of them drawls - Ya'll have blue marker buoys up here in Canader?? Huh?
Raced over the marker to find an immaculate half-tote floating merrily along. Had 2 of them help swing in aboard. For the rest of the day they fought fish either around that huge box, or jumped right up on top of it! $ 450.00 bonus on top of tips! Sweet! :D

Another...

We were trolling (commercial that is) off the Big Bank several years ago. One of the Ladz wandered across 6 large Scotchmen floating in a rectangular pattern - apparently attached to some type of rectangular object down below. Curiosity got the better of him, he and his partner pulled their gear, and swung around to investigate. They had to engage the hydraulic line hauler (crab hauler) to pull the load up. A fairly large crate, completely covered in plastic. Opening it, there were bundles upon bundles of high grade bud inside, each carefully vac-sealed. Black smoke poured from their stack as they raced inshore, their cell phone sent the message, and they were greeted at the dock by a couple of rather hairy Gentz driving a one ton 4x4. They didn't return to the fishery, but began a mad-house party that went on for days. When I ran into him next, his comment was: "Best damn day of fishing I've ever had!" aYup! [^]

Cheers,
Nog

Hey Scott if I can describe the 20 can I have it back?
:D:D;)
quote:Originally posted by r.s craven

I seem to find a lot of stuff while fishing on the big pond...
some to date include,

1) Floats of every size and description, incl a couple near
new scotchmen.
2) numerous crab traps ranging from poor to new condition.
3) a prawn trap
4) a $20 bill
5) paddles
6) an 8' dinghy

I'm sure there's a other stuff that i've forgotten about, anybody else ?

JUST FISHEN'

One of the best things I found was a pile of beer floating in a tide line. Guess someone having a beach party forgot the the tide was comming in. We picked beer out of the water for half an hour. Filled our coolers.

These are some of the best stories ive heard! I really like the one about the budd! Although I cant top any of those, Heres one from chattam pt. A buddy and I were fishing and hooked into what seemed to be a nice spring, played it for a while before a seal got ahold of it and evehtually broke the mainline. WE fished for about an hour after when we seen our downrigger arm bouncing. WE brought it up from 120 ft and there was our flasher, hoochie and about a 25lb spring on the end.. scoop!!

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Not very exciting, but it was a heckofa slow fight bringing it in, a 5 pound anchor and 150 feet of floating poly line, "caught" in 200 feet of water.
You probably can figure out the moral of the story.

Hey Scott , I think that was my 20. seriously!

I dare anyone to top this . 15 kilos of green in a dufflebag on Cadboro Point!

Three old glass balls in some tides lines, Costco cooler and a brand new prawn trap loaded with prawns, almost ran over the line, no marker on it.

quote:Originally posted by Derby

Hey Tofinoguy,
Yeah Derby........ i still tell that story whenever the subject of big luck comes up. I had a few go 'rounds with him similar to that story. He really was the captain of disaster. [:eek:)]

Back