Fishing Vancouver Area Improving (pic)

Thanks Dogbreath
Big fat nothing is what was happening off the cap. One of my father in-law's friends fished off the south arm of the fraser and got three springs 10-22 lbs. all between 5 and 7 pm at 50-60 feet. All on anchovies.

Well, i will be out Wednesday evening to see how the things are. Always a good time after the full moon

[8D]

No word of a lie. Fishing is ON FIRE for Springs in Vancouver. GET OUT THERE NOW!!!!

No word of a lie. Fishing is ON FIRE for Springs in Vancouver. GET OUT THERE NOW!!!!

quote:No word of a lie. Fishing is ON FIRE for Springs in Vancouver. GET OUT THERE NOW!!!!
Wow...what a day...speechless! , best one this year for sure.out by myself started 20 minutes into the first tack with a double, 14lbish released, second one 22lb on the scale 7:00 am ( amazing it stayed on the hook) . had my limit by 9:00 . fished till 3:00 for fun. had my hand around a few fat tails;)...fantastic!

quote:Originally posted by Even-tide

quote:No word of a lie. Fishing is ON FIRE for Springs in Vancouver. GET OUT THERE NOW!!!!
Wow...what a day...speechless! , best one this year for sure.out by myself started 20 minutes into the first tack with a double, 14lbish released, second one 22lb on the scale 7:00 am ( amazing it stayed on the hook) . had my limit by 9:00 . fished till 3:00 for fun. had my hand around a few fat tails;)...fantastic!

Just had a phone call from another buddy. Limited 3 anglers on board. 21, 23, 23, 27, 19, 29. Broke off 3 and lost 4. Fishing 4 rods!

That's great fishing for Vancouver. Wonder if they've all showed up en mass? NO PINKS either!!!!!

quote:Originally posted by fishin_magician

quote:Originally posted by Even-tide

Just had a phone call from another buddy. Limited 3 anglers on board. 21, 23, 23, 27, 19, 29. Broke off 3 and lost 4. Fishing 4 rods!

That's great fishing for Vancouver. Wonder if they've all showed up en mass? NO PINKS either!!!!!

:D

quote:Originally posted by Dogbreath

The West Van waterfront is best on a flood</u> once it starts to ebb head over to the Bell Buoy.

Of course you can catch fish there on the ebb but the bite isn't the same.

Too tired to explain further.

Dogbreath, I was hoping that now you've had a couple days to recover you would elaborate a bit on your tips to following bait around. :)

Planning to head out tomorrow and I see it's basically an ebb tide most of the day -- thinking of concentratating on West Van however would you advise the Bell Buoy would be better given tide activity?

Cheers.

-AJ017

hey.

I know the night bite was good last night, VERY good.

It's slowed off somewhat today--yesterday was apparently exceptional.

Boat out there now just boated his 3rd Spring today (20, 18, 16), has lost 3 others. Has seen about 12-15 fish caught by other boats all day, but it's a weekday and there's not a whole lot of people out there.

Another boat apparently had 4 springs the morning.

Another boat had one on but it went away shortly.

Hoping to get out tomorrow...

went out last night (wed) had rods out 15 minutes and fish was on. managed to play out 2 more and go back to the dock after 2 hours fishing to watch the gong show at the island ramp. Broken boat and a drunk chick with big swing bags make for a fun half hour.

[8D][8D][:eek:)]

quote:Originally posted by flytyer

went out last night (wed) had rods out 15 minutes and fish was on. managed to play out 2 more and go back to the dock after 2 hours fishing to watch the gong show at the island ramp. Broken boat and a drunk chick with big swing bags make for a fun half hour.

[8D][8D][:eek:)]
Where's the pic's?

:D

MK, lots of pictures of fish on this site, swing bags all the way!:D Striper Sniper

Hey F.M.
If you had only one day to fish , and you were taking some good friends who never caught a salmon before...... where would you go, and what would you do to boat the boys a fish...[?][?][?]
Thanks for the advice, hoping to get out in the next week.
B.G.

Sorry--- let the dang camera on the counter. You guys would have loved the water show that was put on with the 4 guys in the boat

[:0][:0][:0][:0]

Going out of the coal port tomorrow morning...heard from a couple of Guy's at Army and Navy here in Langley that even down south by the docks it was very hot, will post when we get back...hopefully with pics.

Getbent

Back