Vancouver Area Report

R

Rodbreaker

The PREDATOR'S PEN Date: January 30th/2005.

An update of the local saltwater fishing scene for Vancouver To : Saltwater Angler

By: David Korsch (Predator Charters)
E-mail: davek@dccnet.com Web Site: www.predatorcharters.com
Phone: (604) 329 - 8642 Fax: (604) 886 - 1928

Hello Fellow Anglers

For those of you waiting to get out for some winter Chinook fishing, it looks as if is now the time. It seems we have had our "winter cold snap" for this year, and those torrential downpours also seem to have ended. Now we will hopefully have some "normal" winter weather (cloudy with some showers, and sun......and not too cold). More importantly, the fishing has remained very consistent so far in 2005, and if anything, it is improving with the improving weather. Most days are seeing catches of one or two legal fish plus one or two undersized (18 to 24.5") ones, but on the odd day the action has been significantly better (an associate boated 1 legal and 8 undersized from 22 to 24" one day). The fish are around, and it is just a matter of being out on the water.......you can't catch any if your lines aren't in the water!

Most fish are still hitting lures trolled behind a flasher (strange for the winter months), and the most productive ones have been Gypsy spoons (Flamin' Hans, and Army Truck), and Purple Haze hootchies. Many other lures and bait (anchovies and herring strip) have also produced fish, but not on such a regular basis. tunstall Bay, Bowen Bay, the Waterfall, and Hutt Island all seem to be about equal in their productivity, though on any given day, one of these places may be better than the others.

I kept the boat in Gibsons for about 3 weeks after doing the fiberglass repairs. It is a nice calm marina, and I didn't have to worry about all those strong Squamish outflow winds beating on my boat in Horseshoe Bay. As of February 1st, the boat will be back in Horseshoe Bay. It may still have to come out of the water for a "re-power" during February, but I have no dates yet, so I will just "play it by ear" until I get more information.

From February 11th to the 13th, I will be working at the Vancouver Boat Show for Shimano (in the Nikka Industries booth), so I will be unavailable for charter for those days. Feel free to drop by to say "hi" if you are at the show. Other than those three days at the Boat Show, I am available for charter pretty much every day.
As always, feel free to pass this information along to any associates whom may appreciate the report. If you have any questions, or wish to book a charter, e-mail me davek@dccnet.com), or call me at (604) 329 - 8642.

Tight Lines,
David Korsch
Predator Charters
(604) 329 - 8642
davek@dccnet.com
www.predatorcharters.com

that's why there's a warranty!

Back