Fishing Vancouver Area Improving (pic)

You're quite right Fish, this is weird. Should have been lots of fish out there by now, today especially. [B)]

Sunday AM. Four hours in front of the West Van shore, with nothing to show but a barely undersized feisty spring and a nice fat Pacific cod. All hoochies all the time; I was feeling lazy. Gotta love the weather, though.

Has anyine been out at all today or this week ,I am hoping for the weekend and maybe there are a few fish out there.. any reports?

Has anyine been out at all today or this week ,I am hoping for the weekend and maybe there are a few fish out there.. any reports?

With the weather looking not too bad this weekend I was thinking of getting out on Saturday but have heard nothing and not seen much in the way of boats out there either.

With the weather looking not too bad this weekend I was thinking of getting out on Saturday but have heard nothing and not seen much in the way of boats out there either.

Bon Chovy charters repotrs say they have been geting some winters the last week so perhaps there starting to gather

So that's it for big spawners at the Cap? Wow. Seems like a dismal year for the Cap. [B)] Or maybe the folks fishing the river had more luck?

quote:Originally posted by Red Monster

So that's it for big spawners at the Cap? Wow. Seems like a dismal year for the Cap. [B)] Or maybe the folks fishing the river had more luck?

Right about that, RM.

If you saw my post on the other board, I was questioning why the Cap hatchery switched to producing the late returning Harrison white springs. This run can be awesome at times, but more often it completely fails to produce any consistent fishing in Vancouver harbor.

I miss the days when the hatchery produced the early returning red springs. I think most fishers prefer to fish for springs during the nice summer weather, rather than the monsoon season in the fall. How are we getting a good return for our hatchery dollars if this run doesn't translate into decent local fishing opportunities.

Maybe it's time sports fishermen tried to apply some pressure for a return to producing summer run red springs at the Capilano hatchery.

What do you think the chances of getting some action if I tried south of bowen or tunstall bay?

Back