Fathers Day Weekend Fishing Derby

Yes, the great news is I can confirm we're in Zone 2, it's official. No 85 cm slot on our patch this weekend!
Regs tomorrow are 2 Chinook per day of which only 1 can be greater than 67 cm - Cadboro to Sheringham

An update has been emailed to ticket holders, put on the SVIAC website and now here on SFBC

Please take a minute to visit this link: http://anglerscoalition.com/?page_id=2975

Have a great weekend and be safe on the water

Chris Bos

P.S. - Maybe Willy Mitchell could get that last pair of derby tickets up for grabs as his summer holiday just started 1:00 minute ago

Fisheries notice

Yes, the great news is I can confirm we're in Zone 2, it's official. No 85 cm slot on our patch this weekend!
Regs tomorrow are 2 Chinook per day of which only 1 can be greater than 67 cm - Cadboro to Sheringham

An update has been emailed to ticket holders, put on the SVIAC website and now here on SFBC

Please take a minute to visit this link: http://anglerscoalition.com/?page_id=2975

Have a great weekend and be safe on the water

Chris Bos

P.S. - Maybe Willy Mitchell could get that last pair of derby tickets up for grabs as his summer holiday just started 1:00 minute ago

Here is a link to the notice

http://www-ops2.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fns-sap/index-eng.cfm?pg=view_notice&DOC_ID=160118&ID=all

June 14 to July 18, 2014 management actions:

Effective 00:01 hrs Saturday, June 14 until 23:59 hrs Friday, July 18, 2014 in
Subareas 19-1 to 19-4 and Subarea 20-5 (those waters near Victoria between
Cadboro Pt to Sheringham Pt.), the daily limit is two (2) chinook salmon per
day which may be wild or hatchery marked between 45 cm and 85 cm or hatchery
marked greater than 85 cm in length. The minimum size limit in these areas is
45 cm in length.

It is now a $10,000 1st place prize but there will be a nice prize for the largest hatchery entered as well....just not 5 grand!! The backup plan is out the window!!!!

We were on the water fishing in a couple areas from Whirl to the Shack, as were tens of other boats, from 5:30 to 11:30, and I'll be the first to post that we were skunked. Not a single bite. Threw everything at them, spoons to plastics to bait, and nothing. I didn't see any fish coming onto any other boats out there, heard of only a few on the radio. Maybe the bite came on later? Anyone else willing to share their results, good or bad?

Fished sharingham from 430 to 12, landed 6 lost 1 all where hatch except 1,8-16lbs all caught on bait 40-80 on the rigger

We were on the water fishing in a couple areas from Whirl to the Shack, as were tens of other boats, from 5:30 to 11:30, and I'll be the first to post that we were skunked. Not a single bite. Threw everything at them, spoons to plastics to bait, and nothing. I didn't see any fish coming onto any other boats out there, heard of only a few on the radio. Maybe the bite came on later? Anyone else willing to share their results, good or bad?

There was quite a few caught it sort of depended what area and time you went... It didn't totally go off when I as out west.. I saw a few here and there get taken in, but mostly small.
I believe I saw a 30 on scale this afternoon that bumped the two 29 fish that were leading...... We got two small ones about 7lbs, but released and didn't weight them in...That was a little stupid of us ..Only two we go today. Lost a larger only probably in 20's saw it to surface and shook... hooks.

Its still wasn't everyone catching a lot of people came home empty handed... that's fishing...

Same story nothing but teeners. bonked a couple to get into the draws. Tomorrow is a new day with the last I heard 29.8 was leading. Anyone update us on the largest fish at the end of today.

I also heard only one halibut weighed in and it was only 7 pounds. Thats a small fish to win a massive prize!

-KK

Dropped lines just before the light house and had fish on right away. Five fish for the morning, all released but one, should've kept the limit and enter for draw but we kept looking for the bigger one that did not happen. For all that weather hype it turned out to be a great day on water.Tomorrow the banana stays home ;)
couple pics

Well we cant catch a break...Something happened when we got back.....boats down again , won't start in driveway tonight we can't fish tomorrow...If any one has spare seat let me know.... I realize it may be hard to accommodate my little guy so if its just me that's ok... If not see you all at event....

That was my understanding and how it worked last year.....We has a few small fish today but I thought they were too small to weigh in... kind of hooped for tomorrow....

****** deal just read that on the prizes board that you have to weigh In fish to be entered for draw prizes

2014 Alpine Group Juan de Fuca Fishing Tournament

Day One Results:

172 fish weighed in between 7:00AM and 5:00PM
126 wild Chinook, 43 hatchery Chinook and 3 halibut

Current leaders:
Al Smith - 29.8 CH
Dan Hudon - 27.4 CH
Suzanne Kerr - 27.0 CH
Ron Stock - 19.5 Hatchery CH

Jamie Ford - 11.3 Halibut

As of 8:21AM on day 2 no fish have been weighed yet today

Hope everyone is having fun out on the water.

Be safe and tight lines

from the Weigh Scale Crew

Back