Fathers Day Weekend Fishing Derby

So they changed their mind in a matter of 5 hours??? At least for the good (for a change)....

That said, yeah, very tricky - you have a shot at 1 fish. Going to be hard to throw back a low 20's, but if you want to win, you pretty much have to! Surprised they cap the hatchery there as well....what justification do they have that we can only keep 1 hatchery? Derby aside, there is no logic there. Excluding derby, I'd probably much rather have the 85 slot with 2 hatchery any size!

Anyhow, best of luck to those in - don't be a hero as its looking like 25-30 knot westerlies on a big ebb...right?

Many thanks to Chris Bos for all the hard work and time put in to help make this happen. Another reason why every South Island angler should be a loyal member of SVIAC. Good job Chris!!!

Also a big thank you to the 400 plus members of the coalition who make Chris's voice 400 strong!!!

The last thank you to those in DFO who listened, considered and then ultimately did the right thing. Maybe not timely but I can forget that for now.

Thanks Chris and everyone else deeply involved with SVIAC. I understand how much work and dedication this took and truly believe it is ground breaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then there was an amendment sent out that put us in zone 2 management. Basically you can fish your fav spot for one wild in the derby.

Your right coopsie googling area 19 salmon regs links you to a page that states 2 springs hatchery over 85cm only.

That update craven posted... I haven't found it on DFO's site yet. Can anyone link it? The link above says 85cm maximum wild doesn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:
The word will spread fast enough.

There are 2 sponsor tickets at Wise buys that SG Power could or use. They are available for $120 each. Give me a call for details. 250-213-3055.

This is bizarre, they just changed it back to 67cm max wild

Subject: FN0486-RECREATIONAL - Salmon - Fraser River Chinook - Areas 19 and 20 - Amendment to Recreational Fishery Management Actions

Management measures for the recreational fishery in portions of Areas 19 and 20
are outlined below.

June 14 to July 18, 2014 management actions:

Effective 00:01 hours Saturday, June 14 until 23:59 hours Friday, July 18, 2014
in Subareas 19-1 to 19-4 and Subarea 20-5 (those waters near Victoria between
Cadboro Pt to Sheringham Pt.), the daily limit is two (2) chinook salmon per
day of which only one (1) may be greater than 67 cm. The minimum size limit in
these areas is 45 cm in length.

Rollie can you have please have Chris Boss or someone from derby make an announcement what the reg is...There seems to be confusion again. I had several guys just now call me with arms up not knowing what is going on. Everyone has conflicting stories you wonder why. I would also suggest seeing how most will be confused tomorrow someone broadcast this in radio in morning for everyone.... As it stands until I am told differently I am fishing that first zone 2 regulations until verified by DFO or SVIAC otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok Dave at least you found it...Is it possible this amendment was done they went home and never updated pages...probably the case. Even still very confusing...

Chris will be posting in the SVIAC site for sure, you can bet on that!

Goodluck to all in the Derby and yes Chris Bos is ''Da Man'' but so am I , and maybe someone else will be at the end of the weekend. Hopefully this confusion gets cleared up. How many ''Da Man's'' can there be?

I heard Chris B is now working on the weatherman. Lol

Both announcements came to me from dfo on my e-mail. The raised slot at 2:00 then the amendment to 1 over 1 under at 4:40.

Back