Duncanby fleet tucked in to Denny for the winter.

New lodge this year too... My wife worked up there for a summer, she had a blast and got treated like gold.
Owner of the lodge also owns ocean trailers and is apparently and awesome guy!

New lodge this year too... My wife worked up there for a summer, she had a blast and got treated like gold.
Owner of the lodge also owns ocean trailers and is apparently and awesome guy!
This wasn’t a promo post for them, but I follow his page and it just looks like such a great place. I have fished at Rivers numerous times, but never at that lodge. I would like to just for the experience though.

Pretty hard not to enjoy a photo of a fleet of bridgeviews....

They also released 80 of 81 tyees this year too which is is pretty admirable.
Did you hear what they will do as an alternate to giving out a Peetz reel for every released Tyee now that Peetz is shutting down?

I splurged for a one time trip to Duncanby back in 2015. The resort and its staff were fantastic. Sid, the owner is incredibly passionate about Rivers Inlet and often refers to it as The Happiest Place on Earth. He’s also a major contributor to a hatchery program on the Whonnock River at the head of Rivers Inlet. The brood stock that the capture every year is beyond ridiculous in size. Sid treats his guests and staff like family which has both returning year after year.

Duncanby is a very fancy lodge where you’re paying for top quality food, accommodations, drinks, staff and equipment. I found that it’s more of a lodge for those with deeper pockets than me and those that prefer to be pampered. Definitely a luxury I could never justify again in the near future but it’s an area where you do have a realistic shot at a Tyee.

Back