Cut plug rig

Thanks all,

We have used XL in a crisis but normally used large herring. We are there mid summer and I've never seen a medium herring at that time, but who's to say it wouldn't work better. I think the SLOW trolling (almost a Power mooch) is the secret, not the size of the bait, but that's another topic ...

I think I'll go 5 1/2 - 6 inches.

By the way, someone mentioned web sites with this type of rig. I tried to find some but couldn't. I'd appreciate the addresses if you have them. I found many with knots, but none with rigs.

Oh yeah, not "Roper"

Thanks all,

We have used XL in a crisis but normally used large herring. We are there mid summer and I've never seen a medium herring at that time, but who's to say it wouldn't work better. I think the SLOW trolling (almost a Power mooch) is the secret, not the size of the bait, but that's another topic ...

By the way, someone mentioned web sites with this type of rig. I tried to find some but couldn't. I'd appreciate the addresses if you have them. I found many with knots, but none with rigs.

Oh yeah, not "Roper"

Thanks all,

Oh yeah, not "Roper"

Thanks all,

Oh yeah, not "Roper"

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

wonder what size of slabs we could nail up there with Xtra large herring...............

And as for the Medium herring comment,

In my 8 years in that local I am yet to see a medium size herring alive in our waters. All of the herring that I've jigged have been in the large family. This is not to say that mediums wouldn't hammer dem if used though.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

wonder what size of slabs we could nail up there with Xtra large herring...............

In my 8 years in that local I am yet to see a medium size herring alive in our waters. All of the herring that I've jigged have been in the large family. This is not to say that mediums wouldn't hammer dem if used though.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

Back