Candied Salmon in a Little Chief - Help!

Doesn't look very "weak" to me! In fact it looks downright Yummy!! ;)

Cheers,
Nog

Last edited by a moderator:
this thread is making me hungry.
I better go pull some of my smoked salmon out of the freezer. getting jealous seeing all this nice tasty stuff here

Awesome work leftcoast, looks great!

I made another attempt at it again this past weekend, doubled the batch size, but experimented with timings - took half the batch out of the brine after 24 hours but gave it about 13 hours to dry, and then smoked. That half came out a little too dry, but still very good. The second half stayed in the brine nearly 10 hours longer, dried for only 7 hours, and it came out pretty good. Next time I'll go for something in the middle - 24 hour brine, dry for about 10 hours, smoke for 5. And only one pan of chips, Alder (although with my next batch, I'm going to add some apple).

Didn't take any pics during this past weekend, but appreciate you sharing yours!

Awesome work leftcoast, looks great!

I made another attempt at it again this past weekend, doubled the batch size, but experimented with timings - took half the batch out of the brine after 24 hours but gave it about 13 hours to dry, and then smoked. That half came out a little too dry, but still very good. The second half stayed in the brine nearly 10 hours longer, dried for only 7 hours, and it came out pretty good. Next time I'll go for something in the middle - 24 hour brine, dry for about 10 hours, smoke for 5. And only one pan of chips, Alder (although with my next batch, I'm going to add some apple).

Didn't take any pics during this past weekend, but appreciate you sharing yours!

It's a learning process. I did 48hr brine with a 12hr dry with fans then smoked a little to long (I went fishing) 8hours on 150. I had different fish sizes so some are really good and some to dry, but all in all the wife loves it so I'm happy. I also found my smoker doesn't really smoke or burn chips on the low heat so I turned it up for the last 30 minutes to really at some smoke. Not only do I have learn how to brine but also it seems just as important to know your smoker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back