Brown Sugar shortage!

Adler

Heads up, seems Roger's Sugar has a labour dispute. Prepped some coho for smoking this am, realized I was out of demera. Ran to the store, found empty shelves and a sign about the dispute. Luckily found supply at the 4th place I went to (Fairways on Goldstream in Langford has some stock as of this am), but be warned if your looking to put salmon on brine this weekend!

Attachments

• 20231118_090446.jpg
    20231118_090446.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 9
Heads up, seems Roger's Sugar has a labour dispute. Prepped some coho for smoking this am, realized I was out of demera. Ran to the store, found empty shelves and a sign about the dispute. Luckily found supply at the 4th place I went to (Fairways on Goldstream in Langford has some stock as of this am), but be warned if your looking to put salmon on brine this weekend!

First it was salt, now sugar!

I picked some brown sugar up a month ago when I was getting ready to do a batch of fish in the smoker. $5.50 a bag at Save-On and they were limiting to one bag per customer then due to the labour dispute. Walked across the street to Safeway and it was half price and no limits (both selling Rogers). Neither place had coarse salt though. Eventually found salt the next weekend at Walmart, and they have no shortage of brown sugar (different brand than Rogers, but still made in Canada).

Back