Campbell River Reports 2012

great day out at the hump. bonked a small spring late afternoon. spring was loaded with needle fish in belly. lots of bait in the water,
caught the fish on batrix and dummy flash. lots of boats jiggn this evening.

photo2.jpg

DEADLY!!! We dragged hoochies around the hump for a few hours yesterday. Nothing but a tom cod (which lived to swim another day). Saw a couple small salmon released. Maybe it really is time to focus on halis out there....

Good work fellas.

tried the evening bite at the hump. nothing at all, saw 5 boats all triing for halis. didnt see any action, the water was moving big time, i got caught in a bad current, south of the hump, almost lost my dog from the boat being thrown around very nerve racking. and it only lasted a couple minutues, ive never seen water boil before.. now i know..

We were trolling for salmon for 3hours on Saturday aft. Tried everywhere from the red can and nearer to shore from rona south in many different depths. Caught some cod but that was it. We also tried jigging for halibut in between trolling runs but only caught a rock fish smaller than the lure. I dont know why such a small fish would tap bait nearly its own size. Weather was great though.
Maybe next time.

That makes sense, the cavalcade of moneybags have started heading north to Stuart Island for the past 2 weeks now.

We fished up by Kelsey Bay this past weekend and landed some ling and snappers. There were no salmon showing and we never tried to fish for the salmon either. Saw little sign of bait and the resident pod of killer whales were not in the area:(

The weather was good, the outboard ran great, and we were happy to visit with old friends too:)

Gave it a whirl for the afternoon ebb today, no luck. Fished the hump to lighthouse drift. Never saw any nets then the wind picked up so we headed in.

Back