campbell river reoprts??

Great day out there today, full limit of crab and lings!!!!!!!!!!!

Were you off the hump or up channel towards Sayward? I caught a legal ling right off shore by Browns bay day before opener. Nice fish, still there to be caught again.

Fished the discovery channell across from town(secret spot lol!!) and the crabs were around qudra, still trying to find a new area to crab with regular descent results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ran into one of the Creel Surveyors today. Asked him how things were going.

His response was "still pretty slow, but beginning to pick up". Some legal fish taken on the weekend, some nice ling, and tons of cod hanging around right now.

Hopefully things'll pick up here as spring gets fully underway.

The spring fishing for late may- early july has been great the last couple years so hopefully its the same this year. I was hoping to get out and fish the last of the ebb today but she was looking a little snotty out at the lighthouse.

Any recent reports to update? Saw a sheewack of boats out there yesterday?

Was out at the hump yesterday, saw a couple landed. We only had a couple undersize, and too many pacific cod. weird whenever you hit 200' of water it is double header cod time.

Who won LOTTOMAX????? There is a Campbell River report to trump all others!!!

Winning ticket for ~$35 million was sold in CR!!

Just checked our numbers, Not even a sniff. Damn, that would have been a party and a half. Oh well, next time.

Me neither!

I hope the winner is a really close friend though. LOL

Take care.

Have heard two reports on the winner, different stories.

Guys at work are saying that the owner/manager of a local trailer-park took the big one, but the wife says that the son of one of the guys she worked with (note past tense) came into the store, talked to his dad, who then started screaming and dancing around like a possessed crazy man, and quit on the spot. Maybe they're related and are sharing the wealth? Guess we'll find out soon enough once the news guys catch wind.

I guess the rest of us will just have to keep an eye out for the guy with the mega yacht driving the Lamborghini.

They had him on the news this morning.....I was only halfway paying attention though. I didn't catch his occupation but I think.....his name was Dave Rennie or something like that.

Yes it is Dave Rennie. He is a local buisness owner. Kind of funny that a co worker ran into his truck at work with a charter bus. I gave him a call and talked to his mother on the phone. I told her the bad news about his truck fender and she mentioned that he might not care due to he just won 35 mil.

That would be a nice gift!

Lady I work with was out with her husband this weekend and had a pretty good day. Started off with a 28# Hali less than 5 minutes after dropping the rigger and picked up a 14# chinook as well. Both fish went for chovies at 160-170 in 180-185 of water. I guess either there's still some fish around CR or those were the last two!

Back