campbell river reoprts??

out last nite 4 til 8. forgot the tackle box at home.... launched at pacific playground and decided to go to salmon point to get a couple lures.. picked up a croc rock hooch and a spoon looked like a cop car with a red stripe in the middle. fished salmon point. we were into alot of fish. mostly pinks but managed a couple 8 lb springs. fished at about 100 ft.. great nite fishing! also, at about 7 there were alot of emergency vehicles at salmon point lodge, not sure why, but i hope it wasnt too serious.

Went out yesterday, mostly to enjoy a beautiful day on the water and it certainly was that. Hot! Managed a nice 15lb spring over by the green can on a 4.5" Gibbs spoon in a pilchard pattern at 120'. Lots and lots of small (12") salmon (coho?) around. We actually moved a couple of times to try to stop catching them.

I believe those are next years adult coho. Back in the 80's and early 90's, they were a real pest and they were constantly jumping everywhere you looked. The good news was that it bode well for the next years fishing. Let's keep our fingers crossed that they maybe making a comeback.

Tyee time

Started at Browns Bay at 7Am and trolled 1 pass - not seeing much so off to Green Sea and again not seeing much after 1 pass so off to Nodales Channel.

Set the rods off with anchoives and 25 minutes, bang rod 1 starts screaming and as I grab the rod and starting to reel, bang the rod on the other sides starts screaming. Rod 1 = Tyee - 32lb after blood letting and rod 2 a 15LB coho which I tossed back. Tyee at 125ft, purple haze UV flasher and teaser head, 60" leader.

Was a task to get them both in as I fish alone but took my time and all ended well, even thou the dam Tyee refused to get landed on the side he took but rather the side the coho was still taking line out.

Just another great day on the water

P1000759.jpg

/fishon

Nice fish and well done.
Thanks for sharing the pic and story.
GLG

Way to go!! I washed spoons for a short while in Comox harbour-- well... it was a nice day to be on the water!!!

Fished deepwater on sat, two wild coho that were in the low teens. Then moved to greensea landed another four coho one which was a hatchery and a 15lbs spring. This morning headed to the hump. Pretty dead so moved over to the green can around 9ish. Lost a big spring 25lbs +, and another maybe legal. Landed a 10lbs spring aswell as two more wild coho, and everyone else fishing shallow near the can were getting alot of action. The guys fishing deep not so much. Funny thing happened this morning, as I was letting the out the flasher and chovie on one side, our other rod went off so I gave buddy the rod to hold onto while I net the fish. A coho hit the chovie that was flipping on the surface, it hit so hard that it pulled the rod out of my friends hands. I caught the rod just before it went out the back of the boat. Reminded me of the good ol days trolling a cut plug and 2oz weight in butlers.

salt shaker. Gotta love when that happens..... It happen to me in tofino a cpl weeks back as I was just about to set, but it was on a spoon..... 12lber coho

Fishing Report

With the nice weather the last few days, I have seen a few boat out fishing, but hearing nothing on the VHF. Does anyone have any reports on the south end of Quadra, willow , and shelter point areas ?....................BB

Back