Bragging Rights Photo Op

last year was my first year with my own boat. Had a fantastic summer and caught lots of fish…my biggest keeper halibut though in late august, 133 and probably 70lbs but don’t know..got a much larger one to the boat later in the day…no idea how big but 100+ forsure. Released. image000002.jpegimage000000.jpeg

Well it was bragging rights for my son last month. He got this Halibut that measured exactly 126cm on the dock. I measured it several times in the water and thought it was 124cm. Pretty hard to do depending on the mood of the fish....lol I think it weighed 58lbs and beat his previous record of 51lbs so he was pumped. We had 2 other fish this summer that were in this range so a great month for us overall......

Attachments

• 58lbs.jpg
    58lbs.jpg
    327.1 KB · Views: 58
Well it was bragging rights for my son last month. He got this Halibut that measured exactly 126cm on the dock. I measured it several times in the water and thought it was 124cm. Pretty hard to do depending on the mood of the fish....lol I think it weighed 58lbs and beat his previous record of 51lbs so he was pumped. We had 2 other fish this summer that were in this range so a great month for us overall......
Great picture, mighty proud of his catch! 👍👍

Back